3D in films/games (thoughts?)

I think it could be pretty cool, of course with an option to turn it on and off.
I have always had trouble seeing 3D, but recently with the new type of 3D (not the red and blue lens) it seems to work a bit better.
But I still have trouble seeing it completely.

I got new glasses recently, they had me wear some 3D glasses and look at a book with 3D images.
I found that I could only see 3D to a certain degree, where as my mom who also took the test could see all of the 3D images just fine.
We both wear glasses by the way.

i can't stand 3-d it cost more money (usually) the glasses in theaters hurt my eyes to no extent and you kinda forget the 3-d effect after a while....

You forget the 3D effect is in place simply because it is so instinctive to see depth (3D) in the first place

sony is actually really pushing it on there ps3 platform
i believe on engadget i saw that by xmass when your 3d tvs come out they plan on supporting 3d games and also a special upgrade developers can use to patch older games to run in 3d

Sorry if this is a little off topic...

There are some people that take photographs (I know, you guys are talking mostly about video) that allow pretty good 3d without glasses. The idea is to take two photographs from slightly different positions, place the photos next to each other on your computer screen (or printout) and look at the two photos crosseyed. It may sound funny, and some people have trouble crossing their eyes correctly, but when you get it down the photos are true 3D and simply blow my mind.

Check it out:

Graham's Guide to 3D Photography

Russel, I've indeed heard of that method, but cannot seem to do it myself, even though I used to be good at Magic Eye images.

Its something I've wanted to be able to do though.

EDIT:

I can do it using Google Image Search on little versions, but not bigger versions as of yet.

Really makes your eyes feel tired though

Sorry if this is a little off topic...

There are some people that take photographs (I know, you guys are talking mostly about video) that allow pretty good 3d without glasses. The idea is to take two photographs from slightly different positions, place the photos next to each other on your computer screen (or printout) and look at the two photos crosseyed. It may sound funny, and some people have trouble crossing their eyes correctly, but when you get it down the photos are true 3D and simply blow my mind.

Check it out:

Graham's Guide to 3D Photography

They are starting to do that cross-eyed effect with YouTube also. Unfortunately, I won't bother because crossing eyes can develope serious injuries that may occur. For your own safety, and the safety of others, please refrain from crossing your eyes, or else people will find it wierd that you are crossing your eyes when watching a movie. In this case, make an L shape with your left hand and hold it up to your forhead :D

They are starting to do that cross-eyed effect with YouTube also. Unfortunately, I won't bother because crossing eyes can develope serious injuries that may occur. For your own safety, and the safety of others, please refrain from crossing your eyes, or else people will find it wierd that you are crossing your eyes when watching a movie. In this case, make an L shape with your left hand and hold it up to your forhead :D

That's the first that I've heard of causing eye injury by crossing your eyes. I've done it for these 3D images for quite some time and have never experienced any bad effects. It's just like aiming a hand gun or using a microscope with both eyes open.

Keep in mind that when you cross your eyes to view these photographs your eyes are pointed the same as they would be if you were looking at an object about four or five inches from your face.

It wouldn't damage your eyes, but it can sure strain them, making you feel tired.

I can't wait for 3D screens to be publically available and viable in this economic climate, where you don't need to wear glasses at all

That's the first that I've heard of causing eye injury by crossing your eyes. I've done it for these 3D images for quite some time and have never experienced any bad effects. It's just like aiming a hand gun or using a microscope with both eyes open.

Keep in mind that when you cross your eyes to view these photographs your eyes are pointed the same as they would be if you were looking at an object about four or five inches from your face.

Yeah that's not something I can do easily. My eyes are so messed up and crossing them will dis-position my contact lenses... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom