My Gaming Rig - Build PICS

It's a whopping $14.99 per month! :D

TBH MMOs save me money; if I wasn't sitting there playing them I'd be out spending money <_<

I spend enough money on crap I don't need anyway (see my sig). :D

15 bucks to pay to sit at my computer each month and get fat and eat a bunch of food that cost money and run up my electric bill that cost money, no thanks to this game lol.

15 bucks to pay to sit at my computer each month and get fat and eat a bunch of food that cost money and run up my electric bill that cost money, no thanks to this game lol.

Didn't you basically just drop $XXX.XX on a new rig recently and are still upgrading it? So, you just paid an X amount of dollars to surf the web, play games, sit at your computer, eat and run up your electrical bill. Not everyone has enough money to go out every weekend, let alone buy a new game every month. This ends up saving a lot in the end.

Didn't you basically just drop $XXX.XX on a new rig recently and are still upgrading it? So, you just paid an X amount of dollars to surf the web, play games, sit at your computer, eat and run up your electrical bill. Not everyone has enough money to go out every weekend, let alone buy a new game every month. This ends up saving a lot in the end.

+1 Rohan, I have 3 kids and this kind of stuff gives me something to do while I'm home with them while they're asleep, I work nights and my body is used to staying up all night, they are asleep a lot of the time I have them, on my days off I would be bored out of my mind just sitting here while they slept if I didn't have my computer hobbies to "entertain" me, upgrading, tweaking, video editing and uploading, etc., the cost of running your computer is also less than going out to do things if you look at it by cost per hour, compare it to a night of drinking or dinner and a movie (not to mention the cost of a babysitter added onto that) and you would be surprised how much money you save just paying $15 a month on a game or in my case $25 a year (conquerclub FTW), not that I don't do those things, teh ladies love teh bald head lol, what else can I say, but I don't do those things as much since money is tight in this economy and the cost of doing computer related things is relatively cheap...

good post Rohan...

id rather take pride in my machine
then sit around and play games that cost money every month
i am to busy to pay 15 bucks for a month of play time
when i work 6 days a week.

just wouldn't be efficient for me to pay 15ish bucks for 4 days of play time.

So, why do you bother buying games at all? I'm not trying to be mean, but you're insulting a lot of people here. Suppose you buy Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out (as everyone should).You basically just payed $50 for about 4 days of play time. Not all MMORPG games are $15 a month. Guild Wars is free, but you have to look at the bigger picture. You spend roughly $180 a year by playing World Of Warcraft if you pay $15 a month. I think it's cheaper to buy a year at a time. That's roughly the cost of 3-4 regular video games which give you roughly 10-20 hours of playtime each. Most of those games stopped being played within a few months. With these types of games, you are guaranteed hundreds, if not thousands of hours of playtime and almost unlimited expandability.

lol
if someone wants to go buy that monthly card then let them, idc what they do, thats not my job to care.

i dont buy games, rarely do i.

either there presents, or i get them through...other ways.

theres other uses for a high end PC other then gaming.

This post doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Is playing a videogame that costs $180/year (which would be one of your LOWEST expenses that year, under toilet paper) somehow disgracing your machine?

/Arguing

When do you plan to get some liquid cooling ;p?

Not sure if I plan on going liquid cooling anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom