Anybody using a Wireless Printer?

Mine could be wireless, but I have it hard-wired in but i can still print via my laptop while wireless. It's awesome. I don't need my desktop to be on like I used to have to do.

If you are looking, i have the Epson Workforce 600

Yes it's nice. The only way to print from a laptop wirelessly without a wireless printer would be to share it off a desktop. However this involves networking and drivers and etc...

A wireless (or even wired) one lets you print right to the printer, just like if you plugged it in usb to your laptop. Much easier, and saves power on not having to have the desktop on all the time.

^ im not so sure about that
i have my printer pluged into my wireless router and i print from my desktop to it all the time
so its a half and half thing
its wired into the router but wireless from my desktop
this would also work for laptops

i have my printer pluged into my wireless router and i print from my desktop to it all the time

So,in another words, You have your printer connected to a wireless router and you access the printer thru your laptop's wireless connection?

Anything to know about formatting that?

What are you not so sure about?

Having it plugged into your router, is not a 1/2 and 1/2 thing. That is a network printer, just wired....it's basically the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom