htaaccess

babette

Solid State Member
Hi.

I'm new here.

I don't know much about computers, but I own a blog on blogger.com. I have a reader that has been copying stuff and I am trying to ban them. I have used IP tooshell but it doesn't seem to do much because it seems the person has different ips.:mad:
I've searched a bit more online about effective ways of banning IPs and many places talk about editing the htaacess. Now I have no idea what that is, how to access it, download it, or how I am supposed to add it on effectively on my blog.

Can someone plz plz help me?

Thank you.

You won't be able to ban them with an htaccess if they keep changing there ip.

four letters DCMA send a cease and deist letter to their host.

as for blocking them from blogger, you probably can't as it's on googles servers.

if you had access to a .htaccess file (and the server was set up to use these) then you possibly could block them (by blocking the whole range of their ISP -though you;d block plenty of innocents as well!), but I don't think that blogger accounts have the ability to do this.

Its pretty difficult, you might be able to deny mac addresses, but the IP address thing is difficult, because they can just use a proxy server or even a simple IP spoofer.

The only way for sure would be to set your blog as private so only users you choose can view it - IP addresses change and can be masked via proxies or the like (or he might log in at a different location) so this would be of no use at all.

Best course of action would be a quick, polite email to see if that sorts things out with the offender (do they realise? A surprising number of people are a bit thick these days) if not then if Google sees blatent infringement they're usually quite good at acting quickly and disabling the offending material. So my recommendation would be to first contact the offender, then go via the blogger admin team. Worth a shot however it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom