Trying to install Windows 7...

superman22x

Golden Master
I have a disk for it and all, legal copy.

Here is the problem. When it is installing, it gets to a point, and says something along the lines of, "Windows cannot edit boot file, and setup has been canceled."

Any idea? Currently I am dual booting a beta of 7 and Vista...

How can you be so sure it is a legal copy?
If you are dual booting you can do an Upgrade install on the Vista partition , but on the beta7, you MUST do "advanced" install i.e. clean install.

I am getting it through my school. Well, I am trying to install it on a new harddrive. I think the boot info is stored on my old 4th harddrive, and it was giving me that error cause I took that harddrive out. I am going to try again now with the old harddrive in.

New problem now. Old one is gone. I've tried 2 different disks when booting from disk, and also tried extracting the files from the .iso and installing them that way, and tried mounting the .iso and installing that way. I've downloaded two different versions as well. Every time, it gets to a certain point, and gives me an error saying the files are corrupt or missing. I am really getting sick of this... Formating is supposed to be the all problem solver. And now it's not even working...

Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom