[HELP] Assembling my new rig.

Be careful with lapping. You lose the warranty when you start doing that. I would just lap the HSF for starters. Lapping doesn't provide a very large temperature drop and isn't worth losing ~200 dollars. But it's your call.

Be careful with lapping. You lose the warranty when you start doing that. I would just lap the HSF for starters. Lapping doesn't provide a very large temperature drop and isn't worth losing ~200 dollars. But it's your call.

Yeah I might just lap the HSF and not the CPU. I've been told the TRUE is excellent, but needs to be lapped, so I'm definitely lapping that... I figured if I already had the materials out I might as well lap the CPU as well, should I bother?

I would give it a year. I thought my Q66 G0 was fine until one day 8 months after purchase, it started exhibiting some bad behaviour, and I had to RMA. Had I lapped it, I would have lost 189.99.

I would give it a year. I thought my Q66 G0 was fine until one day 8 months after purchase, it started exhibiting some bad behaviour, and I had to RMA. Had I lapped it, I would have lost 189.99.

Hm. I'll probably just lap the heatsink then... since there's less chance of a hidden issue with a heatsink.

Thanks.

Now anybody wanna help me with this SpeedFan, and why its only showing 1 fan @ 4000 RPM?

Says my "Core" is at 41C though, that any good? XD
Using stock HSF atm.

the PII 955 BE is a 125w proc if I remember, so it does get a bit hot. Is it 41C at idle? Or mid-load? I tend to use HWMonitor as it's a little more accurate and well laid-out.

the PII 955 BE is a 125w proc if I remember, so it does get a bit hot. Is it 41C at idle? Or mid-load?

Uhh.. Idle I guess? I just have firefox + Pandora Radio open; can't imagine that being much load for this thing.

Trying to figure out the audio on this thing... it has like audio slots for 5.1 surround sound, I just want to plug headphones in XD

Can't figure it out.

Use the task manager to see. While simultaneously checking the temps. Idle for that proc should be about 35-40C in a room at ~72-75F with the stock HSF.

Use the task manager to see. While simultaneously checking the temps. Idle for that proc should be about 35-40C in a room at ~72-75F with the stock HSF.

CPU Usage? 25%. Forgot I also have a bunch of updates installing/downloading and stuff too.. Updating Windows & drivers and stuff.

BTW is there anything in the BIOS i should change right away? Like anything thats default settings are low or something?

Ok, so your doing fine then. Chipset temps? (and what GPU are you using since your 4890 hasn't arrived?) Also check HDD temps, should be in the 20-40 range for safety.

Ok, so your doing fine then. Chipset temps? (and what GPU are you using since your 4890 hasn't arrived?) Also check HDD temps, should be in the 20-40 range for safety.

Not sure where to see Chipset temps? Never used this speedfan thing before.

Temp1: 36C
Temp2: 32C
Temp3: -128C
Core: 41C

That's what it says.

I'm running in the Onboard Graphics atm (built-in 128MB HD 3300 I believe).

Ugh I can't get any audio out of this thing... I tried every audio port in the back, and both headphone jacks in the front... I updated my audio drivers and rebooted...

Back
Top Bottom