[HELP] Assembling my new rig.

Computear

Daemon Poster
Okay, so far so good, got my motherboard in, got my PSU in, installed my CPU & Heatsink, installed the RAM, got my disc drive in, everything is assembled (GPU coming in later package).

Now, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this PSU. There's so many damn wires... I can't figure this thing out...

How many connections should there be?

I can't find where on the MOBO to connect the POWER switch, RESET switch, & H.D.D light

A lot of the motherboards I've dealt with have two rows of pins sticking out with no markings telling you where to plug in the various switches and lights. You'll need the manual that the motherboard came with (or at least find one at the manufacturer's website).

790gxheaders.png

:)

Figured it all out; moment of truth...

*presses power button*

WE HAVE LIFTOFF...

all 6 fans come on, CPU fan comes on... mobo power light is on... gonna plug in a monitor n see what we got here.

haha, kinda makes u feel like Dr. Frankenstein dont it? lol

when i plugged it all in for mine, and heard all my fans kick on, it reminded me of the sweet sound of a Harrier lifting off lol.

>.> I wish my build was like that. I couldn't find teh headers for this board so I ended up plugging the heads into the USB header. :|

I eventually got it figured out and had to RMA my GPU :S.

Glad to see yours is up and going.

Windows Vista successfully installed... It's not detected the Network Hardware (uh oh!) but I googled it and its because I forgot to install the drivers off the disc! (doh!)

Going to do that now, once I have that computer connected to the internet I'll post some pics I took of the build process and my poor cable management.

I had it great at first, ran all the wires through the back panel of the Antec 1200, then doh, the panel was too thin, it wouldnt shut, so I had to run all the power cables leading to the fans in the main area. Looks pretty good though.

P.S. THE ANTEC 1200 IS EFFING HUGE!

All systems online.

Now then, how do I check my computer's performance (temps, etc.) I need to download some program?

I had it great at first, ran all the wires through the back panel of the Antec 1200, then doh, the panel was too thin, it wouldnt shut, so I had to run all the power cables leading to the fans in the main area. Looks pretty good though.

P.S. THE ANTEC 1200 IS EFFING HUGE!

All systems online.

Now then, how do I check my computer's performance (temps, etc.) I need to download some program?

Thanks for jackin' my case :D just kidding haha.
What do you mean the wiring from the fans won't fit? Mine sure fit just fine. You rearranging them or anything? If they won't fit why don't you put it in that part up front (Where the Hard Drives and Cd's go) I mean it's still behind and that part is kinda like pushed in a little if you get me (Like where you hide the wires, the front is like pushed in) Like tie the cables there, they'll fit.
You can use Speedfan to measure speeds of CPU fan, temps, etc.
Haha yes it is huge, it seems ok online, but when you get this beast JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha I would show you mine but I'll post when I pull my computer out next month or so for cleaning, it's just to much of a hassle for me :D

Thanks for jackin' my case :D just kidding haha.
What do you mean the wiring from the fans won't fit? Mine sure fit just fine. You rearranging them or anything? If they won't fit why don't you put it in that part up front (Where the Hard Drives and Cd's go) I mean it's still behind and that part is kinda like pushed in a little if you get me (Like where you hide the wires, the front is like pushed in) Like tie the cables there, they'll fit.
You can use Speedfan to measure speeds of CPU fan, temps, etc.
Haha yes it is huge, it seems ok online, but when you get this beast JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha I would show you mine but I'll post when I pull my computer out next month or so for cleaning, it's just to much of a hassle for me :D

It was probably my PSU, I used a CORSAIR 850TX, the wires are thick and there's a lot of them, it's not modular, and ugh it was just a beast of a PSU lol. I managed a decent job, I might tidy up a bit next month when I pull my CPU back out to lap it and change the HSF.

I downloaded Speedfan, it says I have 1 fan running at 4,000 RPM.... I'm pretty sure I have 6 fans in this thing XD

Back
Top Bottom