Rinsed my ISP now im looking for a new one, how about these?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Well im not sure as to what to do. im on eclipse and paying around £30 a month but i have exceeded thier fair usage allowance. According to the eclipse lady of which i spoke to straight away that i downloaded around 120Gb last month and 80gb of that was in peak period whihc i i was a little shocked by but thought at least im getting my moneys worth. Thier peak period is from 9am to 11pm which changed from 5pm to 11pm and this is where my problem lies as that long period of 14hrs puts me in the red. Can anyone in the UK point me towards a good bit torrent ISP? i have heard bebroadband is good and i am also looking at Titan. Does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad? i may stay with eclipse but try to move to a business package which the lady says has a bigger fair usage allowance

if you're paying £30 a month then you should think about getting a residential business line from BT, these come with no download limits.

also read the news, there are no good Bit torrent providers in the UK any more, they a re honestly going to enforce the three strikes and you're out rules for disconnecting bit torrent users. (i've assumed that you;re downloading illegal content there, cause lets face it, who downloads 120GB of linux CDs in a month!!).

you could also just schedule your Bit torrent down loader to only download in non-peak times, and throttle the connection at peak times.

I really recommend TalkTalk, if they're unbundled at your local exchange (You can check here: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php)

They have never limited my internet during peak times, they have a 40GB of monthly download/upload allowance though which is a slight let down - However, for an extra £4 a month they will upgrade it to 80GB. They've also refused to sign the 'three-strikes' policy and told the copyright holders that they have no system to check what people have or do download; I don't think they're going to turn against Bittorrent users anytime soon. :p

I use ADSL24. They arn't great for heavy Daytime torrenting (£20/m package has a 30GB Peak Limit), but for the night time/weekends the 300GB limit is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom