Facebook

I don't care enough to send them an email, but thought it was weird my account was set back up three years after not even going to their website...

You can close the account but they will send you emails asking you to come back. Thats strange. Change your password on your email...

Don't know if they have yet but tech news the other day was that they're going to make it possible for you to delete your profile, so people have better control over there privacy

They never sent emails asking me to come back, only once telling me that my facebook was reactivated. Then after that my friend requests and what not. It started 2 days ago after 3 years on not being used.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;974957 said:
Umm what would changing your email password accomplish? Think about it for a second...
Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;974965 said:
So is mine but think about it.

You register with facebook using dummy@dummy.com.

You decide to stop using facebook.

You get emails asking you to come back to facebook with your registered email dummy@dummy.com

You change your dummy@dummy.com password in a pointless attempt to stop the emails.

Facebook doesn't care what your dummy@dummy.com password is, its still going to get sent to dummy@dummy.com

Seriously? You seriously just typed that up.. Wow.
You don't really get this whole "phish" email get facebook account do you...
Or phish facebook. You have no idea in any way shape or form know what we are talking about do you..

The point of changing the email password is not to stop any email being sent to that email.. Only a complete moron would think that would work..
The point is that if the email account was hacked then, used to hack the facebook. It would stop the hacker from getting back in to the email account(unless of course he is using other methods to get in, in the first place) thus stopping the facebook hacking.

I can't believe I just had to describe that.

LoL this has nothing to do with a hacked email only a weird email that my facebook had been reactivated and when I went to facebooks website without the link in the email to make sure it wasn't trying to get my passwords it had been reactivated. There is no phising just something fishy happening.

Back
Top Bottom