Suggestions?

i have another question, i forgot to convert prices on amazon from US to canadian so it comes out to $1909 canadian. i've been looking at different parts to trim down the cost a bit and im wondering if the GTX 260 is any good? will it need to buy any other cables for this PC? i've been told on another forum that the PSU is a bit weak for what im putting into the computer.

You won't need more than a 650W PSU for this build. Get the GTX 260 Core 216 or w/e or better... that's still a great GPU for a lot cheaper.

If you still have 2 Hard Drives in your cart, drop it down to 1 for now, you'll probably find it to be sufficient.

the hard drive is only just above $100 CAN. i can live with it, by downgrading the graphics im saving nearly $300. thats alot

The Core i7 920 is an amazing CPU.
CORSAIR is a very reliable company for RAM.
The V8 is a great CPU cooler.

You don't have a PSU, Case, or MOBO.

The Antec 1200 is a great case, but it is huge, you might not need that much space.
I suggest the Antec 900, unless you plan to throw a lot more stuff into it in the future. (like me :D)

You might want to consider 2x 500GB, 640GB or 1TB 7200 RPM hard drives in RAID 0 over a 300GB 10K RPM hard drive though. Better performance and more space for less/similar cost.

You'll probably get better deals at newegg.com than amazon.com

get specific Western Digital drives (640GB Western Digital hard drives with the model # ending in AAKS or AALS or the 1TB WD ending in FALS), getting 640GB Hitachis or Samsungs probably won't be as fast...

im getting 2 WD 1TB black caviar hard drives for just over $100 CAN. i figure that i might as well spend $40 more and get tons more space

Back
Top Bottom