Facebook

hemp

Daemon Poster
I had a facebook account about 3 years ago and hated it so I deleted it. The other day I got an email saying my facebook has been reactivated without me doing so and someone has accessed it. I just deactivated it and I am wondering how someone could do that if I have never even been to facebook on this computer. I am confused as to what is going on.

That is rather interesting.. Has it really been three years since you have logged on? If so that is very odd.

I made it in 7th grade and never really used it and deleted it summer of freshman year. So about 3 years without me even going to the website after I deactivated it.

could be a fake email posing as facebook. Call it "phishing" then they will ask for your password and username or to reset the authentication to your account... then they steal the info and use your account to market whatever they want.

It could have been 3 years since he logged on.

Well most facebook accounts that are stolen "hacked" are from key-logging and phishers. Both of those methods require the user to enter the information thus making this rather strange.

This could be a couple things..
1. Someone impersonating facebook (phishing).
2. Someone hacked your email account and seen an email from facebook.
Then either you had the same password for facebook, or they used the reset password feature.

Idk it wasn't a fake email I went straight to facebooks website not using the email link and people have been adding me and all this good stuff and I just deactivated it.

mabye your avatar caught up with you....

David, i dont think you can actually delete a profile, just disable it.. but it is still stored, some of my friends have disabled theirs, and re-activated a couple of months later and everything is still there..

Id send an email to facebook and let them know about this... they will be able to tell you when/how it was reactivated i woulda thought

Back
Top Bottom