disturbed13

Daemon Poster
Now I know that everyone has said a lot about windows 7
But that hasn't done squat to stop my curiosity
Whats so good about windows 7?
I want to know everything that windows 7 does that Vista doesn't
Are there still widgets?
Whats new, some people say that its faster
Why is there so much of an up roar over windows 7?
You can get as techie as you want
Links are greatly appreciated
Or just any advise
And im looking to go 64-bit, nothing less btw
wait for the poll :D
thanks for the help

I Have noticed that Windows 7 is much faster on my desktop and laptop than Vista and it also has lower system requirements that vista aswell so you can run it on low-end systems quite comforatbly.

Yes windows 7 still does have the sidebar and widgets. The overall UI of Windows is similar to vista but with some added improvements such as Thumbnail previews of windows and easier window switching.

Another thing is im getting better battery life out of Windows 7 on my laptop than vista and XP.

Networking seems a bit simpler in windows 7 also with the introduction of the new 'Homegroup' system. Working with devices is also now easier with a new 'Devices And Printers' control panel which is where you can access your devices (Such as Printers,MP3 Players,Phones,etc,etc) all in one central location.

Compatibility is also very good in Windows 7,any program that ran under Vista runs great under windows 7 (Except for Cain and Abel) and even some XP Programs that wouldnt run in vista run good in 7.

thats good to know
is there still the lock pc button in the start menu?
i was taking the tour last night and didnt see it
that kinda has my feathers ruffled
i dont trust my family with my PC
they are just technologicly dense
and dont understand what damage they could do
but they have their own pc
that still doesnt mean that they would want to try my dual 22" LCDs :D

EDIT: how did i get 4 stars? not complaining, just surprised. its a first for me :D

It does,just it in a submenu (Next to the shutdown button there is an arrow which brings up a menu) OR You can press Windows Key + L to lock your PC.

i have a buddy of mine at work that says w7 will put snow leperd in its grave, and hes super pro macs, hes got the ipod, iphone, hackntosh, ect lol

236985-flawlessvictory_large.jpg

oh noos! i was beat!

Back
Top Bottom