Need help looking for an aftermarket CPU cooler

the Xigmatek S1283 is also an excellent air cooler, probably the price/performance champion, the TRUE beats it, but not by much and that's usually only if you put in the effort to lap the TRUE, it is 1/3 the price ($36.60 shipped and $26.60 after $10 MIR) and performs comparably to the TRUE...

it's the most cost efficient air cooling solution out ATM...

Is it better than the V8?

Option1:
CM V8

Option2:
This thing

Option3:
TRUE black

^^ my current considerations

The V8 looks significantly better, copper base, higher fan speed/CFM.... lower noise

The price looks nice for that quality though, I'm still unsure of my budget on this 1, had a few unforeseen expenses come up.

Is it better than the V8?

Option1:
CM V8

Option2:
This thing

Option3:
TRUE black

^^ my current considerations

The V8 looks significantly better, copper base, higher fan speed/CFM.... lower noise

The price looks nice for that quality though, I'm still unsure of my budget on this 1, had a few unforeseen expenses come up.

this is a quick list for Intel/AMD coolers, the differences aren't all that great from 1-10, ya gotta take that into consideration...

this is a quick list for Intel/AMD coolers, the differences aren't all that great from 1-10, ya gotta take that into consideration...

It's down to my budget for me at this point.

If I have $100 leftover; I'm going TRUE Black. If not, V8.

Yeah I think I'm gonna hold out a little longer til I get my paycheck from August then buy the TRUE Black.

You won't regret it. If you wanted to take it one step further, you can lap it and it'll become untouchable.

You won't regret it. If you wanted to take it one step further, you can lap it and it'll become untouchable.

I've never lapped a heatsink before, is it necessary & is there any way I could ruin it by trying?

It's not necessary, but the base on the TRUE kinda sucks. Lapping is pretty hard to mess up as long as the surface you're lapping on is completely flat and aren't keeping pressure even. Lapping the heatspreader on the CPU is also a good idea.

It's not necessary, but the base on the TRUE kinda sucks. Lapping is pretty hard to mess up as long as the surface you're lapping on is completely flat and aren't keeping pressure even. Lapping the heatspreader on the CPU is also a good idea.

I have a glass table I could do it on, I'd just need to buy all the sandpaper and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom