Suggestions?

ok, thanks for everything. should i spend money on a sound card or should i buy a cheap one?

What's your budget? I would recommend saving your money, don't buy a sound card at all.

The motherboard's integrated sound is plenty for quality sound.

For now just buy 1x 7200 RPM hard drive (500GB, 640GB, or 1TB, depending on your space needs) and in the future if you need faster read/write speeds you can just buy a 2nd equal-sized drive and set up RAID 0.

That should save you a good bit which you could put toward a better GPU or a bigger monitor or whatever.

You should be able to get some nice overclocking on a Core i7 920 with that V8 HSF, if you plan to OC.

As said earlier, the integrated sound on the motherboard works great in most instances. but if you want some the best sound available, the Creative card will do you well.

I missed his post about video/photo editing. in that case, a larger drive and a good amount of RAM would be recommended. At least 6GB of memory would be best.

As said earlier, the integrated sound on the motherboard works great in most instances. but if you want some the best sound available, the Creative card will do you well.

I missed his post about video/photo editing. in that case, a larger drive and a good amount of RAM would be recommended. At least 6GB of memory would be best.

Yeah he has 6GB RAM picked out; btw is that DDR2 or DDR3?

I recommend a 1TB drive, they aren't all that expensive these days; here's the one I ordered: WD 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA hard drive

i found 2 1TB drives for $99 each, i think that i found the same one that you just suggested. im not sure if i can buy stuff off of that newegg website since im in canada. the RAM is DDR3, i want the fastest system possible for around $1500. i dont really want to buy new parts in a month or 2 because the ones that i bought are too slow so i think that im going to go with a RAID set up. the screen and accesories aren't a problem and i dont need a ton of money for them because i work at best buy and get a nice discount on accesories. i'll probably dump the sound card.

i found 2 1TB drives for $99 each, i think that i found the same one that you just suggested. im not sure if i can buy stuff off of that newegg website since im in canada. the RAM is DDR3, i want the fastest system possible for around $1500. i dont really want to buy new parts in a month or 2 because the ones that i bought are too slow so i think that im going to go with a RAID set up. the screen and accesories aren't a problem and i dont need a ton of money for them because i work at best buy and get a nice discount on accesories. i'll probably dump the sound card.

If your budget is $1500 you definitely have room to pick up a better videocard.

i have another question, i forgot to convert prices on amazon from US to canadian so it comes out to $1909 canadian. i've been looking at different parts to trim down the cost a bit and im wondering if the GTX 260 is any good? will it need to buy any other cables for this PC? i've been told on another forum that the PSU is a bit weak for what im putting into the computer.

Back
Top Bottom