Minimum CPU for GTX 285.

I have a Intel Core 2 Quad at 3.0ghz is that gonna run a GTX 285 with no problems? Also is upgrading to ddr3 RAM worth it? Every time i go to it kills my overall performance cause of its price i have to drop GPU and CPU.

I have a Intel Core 2 Quad at 3.0ghz is that gonna run a GTX 285 with no problems? Also is upgrading to ddr3 RAM worth it? Every time i go to it kills my overall performance cause of its price i have to drop GPU and CPU.

Most programs these days aren't even maxing out DDR2 RAM.

If your budget doesn't allow it, don't worry about DDR3.

C2Q @ 3GHz shouldn't bottleneck a GTX285.

What about this choice, i decided to bring my Hard drive from 300gb 10krpm to 1TB 7200RPM, and that cut gave me the money to go from a GTX 260 to a GTX 285, and up my processor from 2.83ghz to 3.0ghz (quad). Good choice or bad choice?

What about this choice, i decided to bring my Hard drive from 300gb 10krpm to 1TB 7200RPM, and that cut gave me the money to go from a GTX 260 to a GTX 285, and up my processor from 2.83ghz to 3.0ghz (quad). Good choice or bad choice?

Good choice.

In the future if you want faster HDD speeds just pick up a 2nd 7200RPM 1TB HD and set them up in RAID 0.

2x 7200RPM drives in RAID 0 > 10K RPM drive, and you'll have more space than you'll ever need.

You can overclock that CPU too.

Good choice.

In the future if you want faster HDD speeds just pick up a 2nd 7200RPM 1TB HD and set them up in RAID 0.

2x 7200RPM drives in RAID 0 > 10K RPM drive, and you'll have more space than you'll ever need.

You can overclock that CPU too.

Well i no nothing about overclocking or even where to start. I don't think its even needed at this point. I mean i ran 90% of my games maxed on my Duo core 2.66ghz 8800GTX, so i cant imagine how good games will run now.

Well i no nothing about overclocking or even where to start. I don't think its even needed at this point. I mean i ran 90% of my games maxed on my Duo core 2.66ghz 8800GTX, so i cant imagine how good games will run now.

Yeah you'll see a noticeable difference then.

Back
Top Bottom