Installing RAM

Make sure that the data cable is plugged into the drive all the way, and try plugging it into a different place on the board, if at all possible.

You're computer isn't recognizing an Operating System on the hard drive, or isn't detecting a hard drive at all.

If all connectors are fine, then the Hard Drive or connectors are broken.

Test the Hard Drive in another computer to check.

Or run a Hard Drive test in your BIOS if it has one.

If i have to get a new HD, can i transfer all the info on my current one to the new one and then just put in the new one?

well i figured it out and now i'm embarassed... when i took off the case cover, it must have yanked the power cable out and snapped the adapter case so i just plugged a second power cable into the HD and it works now. thanks for all the help, even though i feel like an idiot

If i have to get a new HD, can i transfer all the info on my current one to the new one and then just put in the new one?

well i figured it out and now i'm embarassed... when i took off the case cover, it must have yanked the power cable out and snapped the adapter case so i just plugged a second power cable into the HD and it works now. thanks for all the help, even though i feel like an idiot

I figured you knocked something loose :)

Glad to help.

Are you sure you didn't knock anything loose when you were putting the RAM in?

lol

Back
Top Bottom