Windows Vista X64 keeps droping internet connection

cg1

In Runtime
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate X64 with SP2
around every hour Windows Live Messenger signs out and i am unable to browse any website for around 5 minutes.
during this time other computers on my network can access the internet and i can access my local webserver, if i ping google.com it correctly resolves the IP address and i get a reply.
I have tried updateing the NIC drivers and also running it on a single connection rather then Teaming (using Realtek Teaming Utility)
Windows Firewall is disabled and i have tried AVG, Symantec, kaspersky and am currently using McAfee Firewall and have the same problem with all of them.

i not sure what is causing this as all diagnostis tools say there is no problem

maybe its something wrong with your port or cable? Or maybe your router firewall (if you have one) is messing it up... sometimes your PC firewall will be fine but there are other firewalls on the network. This seems kinda weird but trying those won't hurt.

i have tried replacing the Switch and using another computer on the wall outlet , i don't think anything is wrong with my router firewall

Hmm...it's weird that it happens every hour and then lasts for about 5 minutes. Check something with the power settings on the network card, like power save mode or something.

Back
Top Bottom