Speakers, please.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
I have some cheap-o GE HO98012 Computer speakers now and I'm lookin to upgrade soon. I had them willed to me in a sense (I'm a Marine and my old room mates left them to me when they moved out...these, a brand new all in one lexmark printer, 2 pair of brand new boxing gloves, a pair of practice/target boxing mitts, a bunch of food, etc...people come here to train for a few months, but a bunch of stuff and have no way to ge it home when they leave! lol), which is cool cuz they ARE A MILLION times better than nothing but they are far from good. There is only one satellite speaker...that's the biggest thing...lol

Anyway...I'm looking to stick with a 2.1 system and I'd like to stay between 100 and 150 bucks. Also, size is an issue! We don't get a lot of room so I can't have a gigantic sub and speakers layin all over! Looking for something good...we listen to music pretty much 24/7 (and, since I'm the only one in the room with any sort of speakers, I'm pretty much the DJ) so I'd MUCH rather pay another 20/30 bucks for a step up than be a tight wad.

Open to suggestions! Thanks!

Just because he said he wants to keep the costs between 100 - 150, doesn't mean he has to spend that much to get a good sounding set of speakers. While they can't compete with higher end $100 speakers, you get a good sounding set of speakers at a great price.

Now, if he wants to spend more to get the better performance, then the Z-2300 would be the better choice.

Here's another good set of speakers in the sub $100 range. They are getting great reviews: Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speakers. They are 5.1, but they are hard to beat at that price range.

Just because he said he wants to keep the costs between 100 - 150, doesn't mean he has to spend that much to get a good sounding set of speakers. While they can't compete with higher end $100 speakers, you get a good sounding set of speakers at a great price.

Looking back, I wouldn't have purchased those speakers if they were offered at that price. They're decent, but there's a bunch of superfluous features that pump up the MSRP.

They sound like $30.00 speakers. Make note of what he said in his earlier post.
hmm. Well, I have heard those speakers and I didn't think they sounded bad at all, but I don't have musically trained ears so it's hard to say. I don't really know what to look for and what sounds correct so to speak :p

Back
Top Bottom