Need a New GPU! Suggestions

dmaleck1

Solid State Member
Well if you read my last post I had a problem with my comp starting up. Took it in today and it ended up being my graphics card. It has a 256MB gefore 8500 GT, But he said 256 is kind of low and i should upgrade to a 5- or 1 gig card. my comp takes the PCI express and he said he was not sure if it would work with PCI express 2.0 cards?? I would like a nice card thats not to expensive and I can play games like WOW without a problem. Thanks for suggestions!

i have an overclocked 256mb nvidia geforce 6800 that runs wow and fsx on full graphics without a problem. they run about 25 bucks on ebay and i can tell you a really simple way to overclock it if you wish.

i have an overclocked 256mb nvidia geforce 6800 that runs wow and fsx on full graphics without a problem. they run about 25 bucks on ebay and i can tell you a really simple way to overclock it if you wish.

I assume you are talking about Flight Simulator X?
There is no way your are running that maxed and good FPS.:eek:

yes i am it is running fine at ultra high settings i can send a vid if you dont believe me

FSX is rather dependant on the CPU for higher framerate, moreso than the GPU.

Hehe yeah but I doubt the guy has an i7 or 955 and a 6800 as a GPU:eek:
I can't wait, I gotta see this...

:D

Lmao I know, I got a 940, 260 core 216, 4 gigs DDR2 and I'm getting like 31 FPS at Midway Airport, I can't wait for this :D
Hehe you good with video editing? Maybe you can detect some BS if there is any? :D

This is true, but it still depends on what he considers good framerates.

I consider 25 good for FSX, it's just enough for me to make a smooth approach and land nicely without jitters.
32 is my perfect number for FSX, it is very smooth, and I still have some leeway if some graphic intensive views come up :)

Back
Top Bottom