Q9450 & P35 trying to OC

Here are a couple of pics of my "ghetto" NB mod that leaves the heatpipes in place, I have mounted an 80mm fan on it in a pull config since that pic was taken too btw

The cooler is a Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX

They have some nice products for NB / SB / Mosfett cooling if you do decide to do away with the stock heatpipe arrangement.

As to my last post, mating surfaces, the two surfaces of the heatpipe cooler and the NB chip that touch, I always check to see they are making good contact by seperating them and checking to see how the TIM spread out after the initial application
This gives you the opportunity to adjust the quantity/application if required or bend/twist the heatpipes so the surfaces make good contact. My Black Ops had bad contact in one corner but a small bend of the heatpipes settled it flat on the NB chip again.

From your other post it appears the VNB is undervolting by .02V so your 1.45 may in fact only be 1.43V, I would bump it up one more notch (keep a close on the temp) and try the Blend Test again

Did you try setting the tRFC to auto and running the blend test?

Have you manually set any of the other memory settings or are they all on Auto?

Thats some serious cooling u got going there :) WoW looks like u used a lot of thermal paste there... i can see it all over the place lol

I did try manual and auto settings for Dram. The only other notch that I have from 1.45v is 1.5v I will give it a try. I currently made a thread on DFI forums trying to get some help from them as well. here is what they been saying so far.

http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11217

I haven't tried any of the changes, but I will in the next hour or so, friends want me to to play CS with them :)

WoW looks like u used a lot of thermal paste there... i can see it all over the place lol
Yeah, I had the cooler sitting 90° opposite to where it is now so the TIM got spread around a bit, I never bothered to clean it up as I'll be swapping the m/board out and putting my Rampage Extreme in there when my new memory turns up (next week some time)

With regard to the max voltage question:

VCore - I wouldn't go over 1.4V with air cooling
NB - As I said earlier, I wouldn't go over 1.5V without good cooling
VTT - The setting that has the most potential to damage your cpu, personally I would't exceed 1.2V (and you shouldn't have to for a small oc either)

I might go play some CoH: ToV then.

Cheers

Ok this is CRAZY.

400*8x = 3.2
I gave Vcore 1.35v
NB = 1.5v
333/800 = 800

Blend test failed after 10 seconds... I mean COM On!

Well here is what I am thinking of doing, like I already started doing research...etc 90% I will prob make my order like next week or something. I will be getting i7 & X58 MOBO with ether 4 or 6GB RAM atleast 1800Mhz.

I will be making a separate thread soon in the General section. This PC is just driving me NUTS!

Folder Looking at my parts how much would you price each individual part? Thinking about selling the parts on ebay/craglist

CPU, MOBO, RAM, GPU

Folder Looking at my parts how much would you price each individual part? Thinking about selling the parts on ebay/craglist

CPU, MOBO, RAM, GPU

Hard for me to say mate, I don't ebay and everything I buy second hand is in Australian dollars, I really have nothing to relate to.

Back
Top Bottom