Power Supply Unit question?

TMP

Beta member
I recently got a free computer tower. It is pretty old but it has good specs. It did not come with any power cable at all. I have a picture of the model number and so other stuff. I was wondering if you could tell me if the power cord linked below would work. I had one for a EMachines and plugged it in but it made a high pitched whine and nothing worked.

Thanks. :)

100_0643.jpg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=324225&csid=ITD&body=MAIN

That cable should work. I would think the other cable may be fine too. The machine in question my be having problems since it did nothing but make a high pitched whine when you tried to start it up.

The other cable is 125 watts one. Would that cause a difference?

Stupid me. I forget to plug it in to the motherboard. :p That made the noise go away but the fans only turn on when I turn it off. Then of course it's off so they go off.

I have experienced a problem like this before with an emachines, and the PSU, motherboard, one memory module, and the keyboard were dead. All from a failed fan (I think) in the power supply

Back
Top Bottom