Q9450 & P35 trying to OC

Ok I changed Vcore to 1.26v Blend test failed after 10 seconds. Running small ffts for about 5 min now so far. How long would u like me to run it for?

for a quick test 30 minutes or so, for a truely stable result 8 hours, the fact that the blend test fails so quickly with the timings and voltages you are running your memory at suggest to me that the VNB is too low.

What are the next VNB settings up from 1.41 in the bios?

1.45v then 1.50v then 1.53...etc Small ffts is running stable for the last 13min. By the way Chipset is a name for NB correct? I have everest that is displaying my temps and it doesnt say NB anywhere ic PWN = 51c Chip = 52c ...etc (these temps are all with small ffts running)

Yep, NB is chipset, these temps (51 - 52°C) are nearing the top end as far as capacity goes, ideally the optimal NB temp is sub 50°C

I'll urge caution and advise you to keep a close eye on the NB temps but will suggest trying Blend with 1.45VNB

If the temps go above 53 - 54°C stop the test immediately (at home here I would probably push the limits a little further but) as I'm advising you I have to stay within the relative "safe zones", if you decide/choose to excede my suggestions it is up to you.

Ok.

The test had finished running for 30 min with no errors. I will restart and give it a go. The very 1st day I gat this MOBO, I removed the heat pipe then removed factory thermal compound and put my own. Now that I look back at it, I might had put just a bit 2 much... makes me wonder if I re apply it I might be able to see some better temps. By the way any suggestions on the NB after market cooler? Something good :)

brb restarting.

EDIT:

Two cores failed after about 7 seconds of blend testing.... This is so frustrating. Somewhere deep inside of me I hope for it to burn so I can have an excuse for my self to get a new one. grrrrr ( I have the money, but been tryng to save for a car :) )

Any other thoughts? Should I try 1.50v? By the way my Idel NB temps are about 48c seem,s a bit high for idel i think...

Small FFTs are OK, that means the cpu is stable

Heatpipe and TIM: have you ever checked to see that your reapplication/intervention/customisation is in fact giving a good mating surface which would provide an optimal thermal transference.

Once you'd mounted it did you then remove it to check the mating surfaces for coverage?

I use a Thermaltake cooler for my NB

(LINK)

Small FFTs are OK, that means the cpu is stable

Heatpipe and TIM: have you ever checked to see that your reapplication/intervention/customisation is in fact giving a good mating surface which would provide an optimal thermal transference.

Once you'd mounted it did you then remove it to check the mating surfaces for coverage?

I use a Thermaltake cooler for my NB

(LINK)

What do u mean with "mating surfaces for coverage?"

I don't believe I ever removed it after I applied it. I mean i put the thermal compound right in the middle it should had provided a good connection, unless like I sad I might of used just a bit 2 much. But seeing how even with a simple OC like 3.0Ghz and with 1.45v NB the test fail after 7 seconds there must be something else at work here.... dont you think so?

In regards to the cooler, I just realized that my pipe is all connected PWN, NB, SB all one pipe so fan is the only option for me, or I can always saw it off haha :)

Its 3am right now. I been siting in this chair trying to OC this thing since 3PM. I truly appreciate all your help here and if u have any other suggestions comments anything, plz keep posting but unfortunately I need to crash for the night, extremely tired. If you have free time tomorrow let me know what time u will be on, im home all day tomorrow.

Thanks again

Dude, crash

I'll be here tomorrow

:)

I'll probably bail @ 7.30am your time, 9.30pm my time

probably be back around 5.30pm your time

I have some pics to show you with regards to the NB cooler but they can wait until tomorrow

Just got your PM and there's four pages I've got to read.

I'll do it when I get back from work ;)

Dude, crash

I'll be here tomorrow

:)

I'll probably bail @ 7.30am your time, 9.30pm my time

probably be back around 5.30pm your time

I have some pics to show you with regards to the NB cooler but they can wait until tomorrow

Well im back after 12h of sleep lol :)

Just got your PM and there's four pages I've got to read.

I'll do it when I get back from work ;)

Sounds great man, I would really appreciate your opinion on this.

Back
Top Bottom