Not sure what graphics card to get.

Well i just realized alien ware only has ddr2 ram... and sd soooo any sites with more options? Im all for it give me a link.

dude your not gonna get exactly what you want with pre builts. but you will get alot closer when you build your own rig.

dude your not gonna get exactly what you want with pre builts. but you will get alot closer when you build your own rig.

Gah how many times do i need to say im getting a prebuilt????

Ok i made a comp on a site called cyberpowerpc, but a link wont show everything i picked, but the specs are

# CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Original Color)
# Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
# POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 750 Watts Power Supplies (Ultra Lifetime Series Pro)
# CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-bit
# COOLING FAN : XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)(Venom Boost Pro OC Certified)
# MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H Intel G41 Chipset with PCIe slot DDR2 SATA/IDE MB w/ Built-in X4500 Graphic Core, HDMI, GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
# MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
# FREEBIES: None
# VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 CORE 216 896MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
# HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)
Now this to me is WAYYYY better then Alienware price without shipping is 1,029$. I have the GTX 260 core instead of regular, a better processor, and 4GB more tham then Alienware for cheaper. The site has alot of options so im kinda afraid im missing somthing important. But what do you guys think? If you wanna go to the site and see what other options i had make sure you pick Mega Special III under feature gaming systems thats the one i customized.

Sorry thats such a mess. Price is 1,071$ without tax (shippings free). So what do you guys think? To me this is an awesome deal.
Thanks for all the replys, you guys make this process a lot easier.

I don't get it, why do you have to have a prebuilt? We're just trying to help you save as much money as possible, which is pretty important in these economically poor times.

Nice build dirtbikeryzz. Should be a real nice performer.

iBUYPOWER builds some nice systems and seem to have a better track record than CyberPower. My father in law bought one and is very happy with it.

Nice build dirtbikeryzz. Should be a real nice performer.

iBUYPOWER builds some nice systems and seem to have a better track record than CyberPower. My father in law bought one and is very happy with it.

Think i'll stick with what I got for now, not sure if anyone is still coming to this thread but if you are I have one last question. For a hard drive i can either have a big 750GB 7200RPM, or a small but faster 300GB 10,000RPM, the smaller one is alot more expensive, so my question is will a 10,000RPM HD help over all game performance?

Yes. But not nearly as marginally if you put a few 7200's in RAID 0 (striping mode) Plus you're sacrificing space at a large cost when you could easily RAID 2 750Gb's for the same price and get equivalent if not better performance.

EDIT: And even further, WD's VelociRaptor has a high failure rate.

Yes. But not nearly as marginally if you put a few 7200's in RAID 0 (striping mode) Plus you're sacrificing space at a large cost when you could easily RAID 2 750Gb's for the same price and get equivalent if not better performance.

EDIT: And even further, WD's VelociRaptor has a high failure rate.

I have a Raptor and the difference is minimal even if the 7200rpm drive isn't in RAID, I'd get this Western Digital WD7501AALS, they're fast and you get a lot more space...

That is a good biuld Dirtbike, but if i may say...

my computer only cost me about 800 bucks and i put it together myself, and would probably out perform that rig you posted, if you were to switch out my 4850 for that Core 216, Just saying

Is there any reason why you wouldnt want to try to biuld it yourself? Or are you just not into that kinda stuff? j.w

and u may have said it, but i didnt see it, what will this PC be used mostly for?

That is a good biuld Dirtbike, but if i may say...

my computer only cost me about 800 bucks and i put it together myself, and would probably out perform that rig you posted, if you were to switch out my 4850 for that Core 216, Just saying

Is there any reason why you wouldnt want to try to biuld it yourself? Or are you just not into that kinda stuff? j.w

and u may have said it, but i didnt see it, what will this PC be used mostly for?

PC will be used for gaming, and as for the graphics card I'd take Nvidia any day :)

Back
Top Bottom