using laptop in the UK

xxtavexx

Baseband Member
So i have bought myself a HP laptop here in Canada, and im in need of finding an adapter that i can use in the UK for my laptop.

Im not looking for a converter, because i know the powerbricks are capable of 240V

Since the power cords have two parts, and the first part is interchangeable, is there somewhere where i can purchase a UK plug tip that connects to that part of the powerbrick.

Or any other ideas or anything please

TigerDirect or NewEgg probably sell a converter to UK style plugs from US standards. Unfortunately, since the cable for the wall and the inverter box are a proprietary parts made by the manufacturer, you'd have to contact them about purchasing a cord that is intended for use in the UK.

I may have answered the wrong question as I did not fully understand what you were looking for. I apologize if I made a mistake.

you could probably find a lead for a different country like a Dell branded lead that has a UK plug a bit of wire and then the plug to go into the power brick.

or you could just get a plug converter, they are about £5 and are available in most airports etc, then just plug into the UK socket and will have a canadian style socket on the back of them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/US-UK-Plug-Travel-Adaptor/dp/B0006OFKNC

Back
Top Bottom