Changing a PC chipset?

If i install the board and it needs me to reinstall will i HAVE to buy another copy or is there another way?

No. As far as I'm concerned, you bought the software and you are using it on ONE PC. Microsoft may think different, but you should be able to reuse the same key. Sometimes changing the motherboard will flag the key and you'll have to call MS and explain to them that you had a virus and are reinstalling. That's what I do when that happens. I mean, I haven't read the EULA, but if you aren't making two PCs run off the same key, then you should have the right to replace/upgrade parts and still use that key.

Thanks the only problem is is that i dont think i have the vista install disc that came with my pc! What will i have to do?

Thanks

Well, for starters you can borrow the exact same disc from a friend and use that. Or, you could download a legit, OEM DVD from a torrent site. Unfortunately, if you need anymore help on that, you'd have to do it yourself (use google) since this forum doesn't promote piracy (not saying we don't do it). I personally have many burned OS install discs. They are not cracked...they are legit copies...it's just the fact of downloading them that is "illegal". It'd just be like if you had a legit copy of the disc and made a burned copy yourself.

Back
Top Bottom