how much is too much

I know what you mean... Always try and be the best at everything, makes yourself feel good. But what the goal really is... being affirmed. If you win something great, but no one cares, then you don't feel great. But if you do good on a test, and the kid next to you says, "congrats" you feel more accomplished. Or if someone you care about comes up and tells you how great a friend you are too them, you feel MUCH more accomplished. At least I think so.

+108410498 to you superman. You summed it up very well.

For instance, I feel really good when someone compliments me on how well of a business man I am for being 18 and how great of work I do. However, yesterday, I felt absolutely belittled by a customer who was very rude because he thought that I was the one who was not doing something correct and he was almost demanding his money back. I showed him up by working 8 hours on the damn thing and fixing the "problem" (guys who read the thread, this was about the wireless printer), even though it was a Vista set back, NOT a problem on my end. He didn't say a damn thing when he came and got it today, and that made me feel like the better person and better inside.

me too, i don't get obnoxious about it either. it's mostly sports as well. superman22x got it down.

Too much is when your playing soccer and the ref flags you red and you go take a corner flag and ram it through him...you get the idea. But lol if your not doing that then your fine :p

or headbutt the opponents... :p

Jones... its a guy thing ;)

is it just me or does every male feel like they're competing against everyone else all the time? I always want to win, be the smartest, first, be the best ALL the time, I mean who doesn't right? Don't get me wrong tho, when and if i'm wrong, i accept it and i am not obnoxious about it. But i feel this burning sensation inside hating myself for losing or whatever. I know that its good to be competitive but up to what extent?

I don't get the burn if I lose. For example, if I were driving on a four lane road (two each side), and a car had come up aside me either slowly, or fast, I usually have almost an uncontrollable urge to get ahead or past them.

If someone at the grocery store has a few items and asks kindly if they could go ahead, or doesn't and I just see they only have a few items. I will usually let them ahead of me. But if they were to just go in front of me with no interaction. I will be a bastard about it... Which, personally I think they would be to for doing it in the first place.

I do have a natural feeling to be the best I can be. But usually it's against myself. Although sometimes some people will automatically become a equal competitor in life's game. Whether they want to be or not. Sometimes unknowingly too.

p.s. Welcome to CF!

also i forgot to add that i too have road rage against ppl that are inconsiderate and rude to others on the road. for ex: a person driving 55mph on the far left fast lane and doesnt move the F**K out of the way! i usually speed up, cut them off and then break in front of them slowing down to about 40-45 mph. i know its crazy but i dispise rude ppl. you may find it hard to believe but i am one of the nicest most generous ppl you'll meet BUT if you cross me . . . . . its not good .

for ex: a person driving 55mph on the far left fast lane and doesnt move the F**K out of the way! i usually speed up, cut them off and then break in front of them slowing down to about 40-45 mph.

That's pretty dangerous...You shouldn't be on the roads.

for ex: a person driving 55mph on the far left fast lane and doesnt move the F**K out of the way! i usually speed up, cut them off and then break in front of them slowing down to about 40-45 mph.
For somebody that claims to be intelligent, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You sir, are a dangerous moron.

Back
Top Bottom