Video card for this game:

Baku

Baseband Member
My friend wanted to know what video card will play GTA IV on high everything with a high def 23 inch monitor. In the Nvidia branch

no budget. but doesnt wanna overkill the gpu. just wanna get max res on this. hell upgrade later if necessary

My friend wanted to know what video card will play GTA IV on high everything with a high def 23 inch monitor. In the Nvidia branch

I'm assuming he plays at 1920x1080, but we need more information than that because it doesn't matter what video card he gets if his cpu is gonna bottleneck it...

I'd suggest a 275 or 285. GTAIV requires ALOT of video memory, and quite a powerful graphics card. Much like Crysis, the engine has not yet been optimized. You could get by with a GTX 260 Core 216, but it would idle at ~30 frames with near max eye candy.

It also doesn't help that the game doesn't support SLi

hes got a 920 i7

what card does he currently have...? it may already be enough, it's mostly a cpu intensive game, as evidenced by this benchmark (only 1680x1050 though but that doesn't change the fact that it's mostly a cpu dependent game)...

GTA4_GPUs_1680.PNG

a GTX 280 only gets 2 more FPS than a 9800GT and a 3850 1GB and 4870 1GB get the same FPS...

that's just frickin' weird...

Yep; My 9600GT gets ~30 frames with everything at medium (which is second to lowest) at 1440x900

Back
Top Bottom