Can't seem to install Vegas

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
I have this neat Application called Sony Vegas and I have been having a hard time installing it. When I try to run it, I get this error message telling me to install Microsoft WMF Redist for MTP, Windows Media and Audio support.
And to install this WMF, I get another error message telling me to install Rollup Update 2. And I get another error message in Rollup telling me to uninstall a Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366).

I try this and I end up getting annother error message that won't let me uninstall this update.
The error message says:

"Error 1334. The file [too long to type] cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabnit file 'PCW_CAB_NDP'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Have you installed .Net 3.5? That should fix a boatload for you. Practically everything runs on 2.0 or higher.

Have you installed .Net 3.5? That should fix a boatload for you. Practically everything runs on 2.0 or higher.

Off topic, so the OP can ignore this if he wants, but I had to deal with .net crap the other day when installing media center on a laptop. Seriously, I almost pulled my hair out. First WM11 wouldn't install (failed to install during the OS reinstall for some reason), which then prompted me to install something else first. Well that something else prompted me to install the .net 1.1, so I figured 1.1, hell, I might as well just install the latest one! Well, after I got it DLd and ran it and installed it...no go...it was still calling for 1.1!! So I installed 1.1 and ran that other thing again. Well, then it said it needed the .net 1.1 SP1!!!....so I installed that fracker and finally the damn thing installed..and then it let me install WM11. I was pissssed that day. Goddamn .net crap anyways! I laugh now...but only because I finally figured it out. Haha. So much for back-compatibility.

lol. I have XP but something seems out of wack. I'm trying too hard to figure this out... It's driving me to seemingly eternal insanity. The main problem (I'm assuming anyway) is that I can't delete this Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366) update, which is supposidly preventing me from triggering the .NET chain reaction effect which will finally lead to me installing the App. I click START, then Search, then I find this .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix I'm supposed to delete in order to install the Rollup Update. So I click Change/Remove to uninstall it but it will not uninstall.

Back
Top Bottom