Still having video issues: please help

GVSS

Baseband Member
So I've been having video card or mobo issues, but I having trouble pinning it down.

Here is the original thread where I posted my problem.

I've tried a new AGP video card and a new PCI video card with no luck.

is there a chance it is the mother board? A also noticed that it doesn't seem to make the post beep like it used too. Is there a chance that reseting my BIOS would fix this issue? Or is my mobo headed for the junk pile?

thanks

I was following your old thread. I would have to guess that the MoBo died. Its usually a good sign that if a new video card didn't fix it, then its the mobo.

you can try resetting the cmos, just in case you don't know how (not saying that you don't, but just in case) unplug your psu (either from the back of the psu or from the wall) and all your motherboard lights should go out, then find your clrcmos jumper and reset it depending on whether it's a 3 pin header or 2 pin header...

if it's 3 pin, just put it on the other configuration that will cover two of the pins (#1 in the image)...

if it's a 2 pin, it shouldn't have a jumper on it, just put a jumper on it (#2 in the image)...

leave it on for 5-10 seconds and then set it back to where it was...

jumper.jpg

then try to boot again with the AGP card installed, don't forget to plug your psu back in and cross your fingers...

;)

Back
Top Bottom