Beta member
Currently I am using:
- Avast Home
- Malwarebytes paid version
- Superanti-spyware free
- Spyware Blaster
- Windows Defender (realtime disabled)
- Comodo firewall

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate my current protection?

I'm thinking about adding Spyware Terminator, Spybot S&D and Threatfire Anti-virus as extra protection, is this necessary or will it only slow down my system?

Thanks in advance

That's overkill already. You DEFINITELY shouldn't be using more than one software firewall solution, and to be honest I wouldn't bother with more than spyware / malware solution either.

Personally I'd get rid of everything there apart from your favourite AV and favourite firewall. Anything else is just going to serve to slow your system down far more than it'll help it.

Yeah I completely agree dude thats serious overkill!! Just run Avira's Antivir on maximum security with like Comodo and Ad-Aware. Thats more than sufficient. And always install security updates and service packs on your pc, make sure Startup(msconfig) is clean and use a secure browser and you'll be fine.

I got rid of microsofts crap and put on Avast and Spybot, not one problem in 2 years of having it on over 7 pc's. Having that many is taking up your memory and slowing down your computer.

Uhh...dude...

Here's my spyware/virus/firewall solution:
Smart browsing & dowloading.

I don't have any virus protection and definately not a firewall. I have Malwarebytes anti-malware (free version) but I never run a scan unless I notice a slowdown.

Back
Top Bottom