Format for online homework?

superman22x

Golden Master
So I am doing this problem, and it is:
Find a perpendicular to Y=5x-6 that goes through point (25,5)

I did the work to get

y-5 = 1/5(x-25)

Which comes out to:

Y=x/5 + 0

Now I entered it in that way into the online home work thing...
and it said wrong. I have one more chance though, and a 3rd for 85%.
Think I should put it as:
1/5x+0
x/5
or
1/5x

?

Sounds like you should probably talk to the teacher and verify your answer THEN verify format.

I wasn't going to, nor would I be able to, lol. I'm in calc and tend to forget things.

THOUGH I do think the slope is wrong... I think the x should be negative to be a reciprocal.

"If the one line's slope is m = –2, then the perpendicular line's slope will be m = 1/2."

Bullzi wins the prize. If I have a line slope 1, the perpendicular is slope -1. If you don't believe me you should quit math and take up English where everything is right.

Yeah! I totally forgot that!! But I still dunno what format to enter it in with. I will just ask tomorrow. We are actually going over this section tomorrow in class, I was just bored, and working ahead.

Well there ya go, that's a good spot to be in. I'm becoming addicted to meaningless surfing of the internet, it's too easy to sit down in front of youtube and watch random videos! AHH!

Haha, yeah, I like doing homework here for some reason. Don't mind it. Usually I put it off forever...

SO glad I'm done with math for the rest of college (hopefully). I don't recognize a word in that problem you just said. They need to start teaching the complicated stuff earlier in school, or not at all; that's how I see. I have never used anything like that outside of school. Nor have I ever never had a calculator with me. Plus, everything is so computerized these days, the damn things are smarter at math than we will ever be, as far as I'm concerned.

Ugh. Fake numbers and symbols giving some relevant number. Never made since to me then, probably never will. Very surprised I got an A in both of my college math classes.

Back
Top Bottom