Opinions on a video card

Thanks anyways for the input. I realize I could spend more money or buy from somewhere other than Best Buy. I just want to get the best video card I can get from Best Buy for around $80 or less. I guess it's too bad I didn't get a newegg gift card...

I have the 9400gt from bestbuy and i love it. It does just fine for me. I say get it! After you install it, overclock it with the ntune utility. You need to make sure that your power supply has at least a 19A 12V rail though.

I have the 9400gt from bestbuy and i love it. It does just fine for me. I say get it! After you install it, overclock it with the ntune utility. You need to make sure that your power supply has at least a 19A 12V rail though.

Thanks for the input. I have a 400W PSU, but I'll have to check the specs to make sure the 12V rail is sufficient. Thanks again.

OK, I have a res of 1920x1080, and I've never used anywhere close to 512mb of video ram except with crysis maxed out, and even there I only went up to ~500mb. Unless you're buying a GTX260 or more, paying for more video ram won't do anything for you. It's not gonna make the games go any faster, so I say just skip it. I would go with at least a 9600gt, anything lower then that really isn't for gaming, and doesn't have near as much bang for the buck.

UT3 needs more CPU than anything, that game is ridiculous. It's the only game to date that would max out my Q6600 @ 3Ghz.

As the other guys said, at least 9600GT.

OK, I have a res of 1920x1080, and I've never used anywhere close to 512mb of video ram except with crysis maxed out, and even there I only went up to ~500mb. Unless you're buying a GTX260 or more, paying for more video ram won't do anything for you. It's not gonna make the games go any faster, so I say just skip it. I would go with at least a 9600gt, anything lower then that really isn't for gaming, and doesn't have near as much bang for the buck.

I hear ya, but unfortunately a 9600 at Best Buy costs too many bucks. I can only afford about 80 bucks worth of bang (and it has to be spent at Best Buy because I have a gift card for there). Believe me, I'd love to get a top of the line video card, but I got a wife and kid to support.

I max UT3 at 60 frames on stock clocks with my Evga 9600GT 512 - On a 1440x900 res. That 9400GT would probably max it at 23-24 frames.

9400GT
It's not a bad card

Well when does the gift card expire?

the other day when i was there, i seen a 4850 for about 130$, an there a screamer card for the money, just save up a bit for a couple weeks an u could get that,

just an idea, ya know?

UT3 needs more CPU than anything, that game is ridiculous. It's the only game to date that would max out my Q6600 @ 3Ghz.

As the other guys said, at least 9600GT.

You're doing it wrong. I can max out UT3 on my computer, any map, and still get more then 60FPS regardless of what's happening.

Ok, how about this? Which card is better this one or this one?

Well when does the gift card expire?

the other day when i was there, i seen a 4850 for about 130$, an there a screamer card for the money, just save up a bit for a couple weeks an u could get that,

just an idea, ya know?

It's not that I don't have the money, but more like if I spent that kind of money on this kind of a luxury item then I would have to put up with a lot of incessant complaining.

Back
Top Bottom