Configuring my laptops sound

Daviss

Baseband Member
I bought an Acer 5739G and it comes with the Acer Tuba Subwoofer.

The official Acer site says it has:
- Dolby®-optimized surround sound system with two built-in stereo speakers and Acer Tuba CineBass booster supporting low-frequency effects,
- Optimized 3rd Generation Dolby Home Theater® audio enhancement, featuring Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx, Dolby® Headphone, Dolby® Natural Bass, Dolby® Sound Space Expander, Dolby® Inverse Filtering, Dolby® High Frequency Enhancer technologies.
- True5.1-channel surround sound output

I have installed the Realtek HD audio driver and K-Lite x64 codec pack (I am running Win 7 Ultimate x64)

The problem is that whenever I watch a movie or a video, the subwoofer just doesnt work right. During speech, it sounds like the speech is coming out of the sub in low frequency aswell and it kinda gives it a terrible background noise.

Ive tried to configure it with the Realtek HD audio manager but I just cant seem to get it right. Does anyone know how to properly configure the software for this?

P.S.

When configuring settings in control panel/sound or realtek audio manager, i set it to 5.1 sound and when i play the test tune, it plays through all 5 channels (left, right, center, both rear) but not through the sub. Is that normal?

Turn off the Realtek HD sound on startup, leave that utility alone, let Windows take care of itself. Second of all Windows 7 I have realized has a fading feature for some devices and video so that one thing that is running and has sound does not interrupt the thing that came up.

Look into turning off the Realtek. Try that first.

Ok i turned it off on startup, seems to be better. Ill need to do some more testing but i think it sounds a lot better now. Thanks man!

Your very welcome, just remember let Windows manage whatever it needs to, other 3rd party programs interfere with the "Core OS"

Back
Top Bottom