College '09-'10

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Where's everyone going? Freshman, Sophomore? Junior or Senior?

Whatcha got for classes? Like them? Dislike them?

How are you liking the place you're at?

What are your views on this school year?

___

I will be attending the University of Sioux Falls (SD), and we don't start till next Wednesday yet. I'll be an incoming Freshman to them, but it'll really be my junior year since I took 2 years of college classes in high school. I've got most of my gen eds done so I don't have to much to go in terms of "boring" classes before I can start in on my major work.

I really like the schedule I hammered out:
-Writing and Intellectual Traditions: M-W-F from 12-12:50P
-USF Experience (like first year experience...lame sauce): R from 10-10:50A with the discussion on W from 2-2:50P
-Intro to the Bible: M-W-F from 10-10:50A
-Social Diversity: T-R from 11A-12:15P
-Dimensions of Wellness: R from 6-7:40P
-American Music Styles: W from 6-9P

I think I'll like most of my classes. I'm a night owl, so the night classes will be a treat, and I love classes that meet once/week. I'd rather get all of my learning in one shot. That's how my brain tends to work the best, and I'm used to it since my college classes in high school were, for the most part, classes that met one per week. Or if they were online classes, I would do the work on one said day of the week. It'll be different having to get up in the morning again! I haven't had to do that for about 2 years. Though, it's not that early, so if I can up for church on Sundays at 9A, I think I can pull off getting to class by 10.

Where's everyone going? Freshman, Sophomore? Junior or Senior?

Sophomore at Community College of Denver (Working on my Core classes, then transfer when finished)

Whatcha got for classes? Like them? Dislike them?

Western Civilization - MW 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Psychology - MW 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Intro to Business - TR 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Public Speaking - TR 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Going to school Monday-Thursday. 3/4 of those classes are requirements for my IT associates (I wonder what I will need when I switch to Bachelors at the other college). They are alright, taking out all the normal classes out first so my final years will all be nothing but computer classes. Not really like public speaking as I am shy and my mind goes blank when I am doing a speech.

How are you liking the place you're at?

Pretty cool I guess.

What are your views on this school year?

Don't know, but hopefully passing all my classes and maintaining my 3.0 GPA so I can transfer to UCD when I am done taking my core classes. Or finish getting my Associates, then transfer to UCD and get my bachelors. Gotta talk to my advisor and see how things go.

Freshman at Michigan Tech
Only had two classes so far(engineering and problem solving + Chemistry) so far I am liking it.

I want to get an A or B average here...

Freshman, Hudson valley Community College, Majors: Computer Information systems: Web design or System and Networking Administration.
Not sure which one I am going to go into.
Right now I am taking courses that involve both of them so I have more time to decide.

I really like it at HVCC, it's one of the top community colleges in New york. It's wonderful and amazing of how many free things they offer.
For example, a campus lawyer, counselors, free dental cleaning, Car repairs for $15 plus Parts (so labor is technically $15 USD).

Sophomore at Community College of Denver (Working on my Core classes, then transfer when finished)

Western Civilization - MW 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Psychology - MW 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Intro to Business - TR 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Public Speaking - TR 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Going to school Monday-Thursday. 3/4 of those classes are requirements for my IT associates (I wonder what I will need when I switch to Bachelors at the other college). They are alright, taking out all the normal classes out first so my final years will all be nothing but computer classes. Not really like public speaking as I am shy and my mind goes blank when I am doing a speech.

Pretty cool I guess.

Don't know, but hopefully passing all my classes and maintaining my 3.0 GPA so I can transfer to UCD when I am done taking my core classes. Or finish getting my Associates, then transfer to UCD and get my bachelors. Gotta talk to my advisor and see how things go.

Sounds like a good plan you have so far. Did you go to the college you are at now so that you could stay at home for right now? Or was there a different reason you didn't initially go to UCD?...and would I be assuming right that that stands for U of Colorado Denver? Or just U of Colorado?

Freshman at Michigan Tech
Only had two classes so far(engineering and problem solving + Chemistry) so far I am liking it.

I want to get an A or B average here...

Yeah. My goal is just to keep at least a B or B+ average. I'm not going to push as hard as I did in high school..I'm not worried about getting a 4.0 any more. That was just so that I could get into a decent college with a decent scholarship.

Freshman, Hudson valley Community College, Majors: Computer Information systems: Web design or System and Networking Administration.
Not sure which one I am going to go into.
Right now I am taking courses that involve both of them so I have more time to decide.

I really like it at HVCC, it's one of the top community colleges in New york. It's wonderful and amazing of how many free things they offer.
For example, a campus lawyer, counselors, free dental cleaning, Car repairs for $15 plus Parts (so labor is technically $15 USD).

That's pretty sweet that they offer all of that free stuff!

Sounds like a good plan you have so far. Did you go to the college you are at now so that you could stay at home for right now? Or was there a different reason you didn't initially go to UCD?...and would I be assuming right that that stands for U of Colorado Denver? Or just U of Colorado?!

UCD and CCD are both on the same campus. My campus currently have 3 colleges, Community College of Denver, University of Colorado of Denver (Which I think it's the same as the University of Colorado at Boulder, but it's located at Denver too for convenience), and Metropolitan state college.
Reason why I didn't go to UCD initially because I didn't take 2 years of language in high school. I only took 1 year of Japanese. I had the GPA and everything, but I was still missing that 1 year of language. Also, people told me that it's cheaper to go to an community college first to work on cores, then transfer to work on our majors.

UCD and CCD are both on the same campus. My campus currently have 3 colleges, Community College of Denver, University of Colorado of Denver (Which I think it's the same as the University of Colorado at Boulder, but it's located at Denver too for convenience), and Metropolitan state college.
Reason why I didn't go to UCD initially because I didn't take 2 years of language in high school. I only took 1 year of Japanese. I had the GPA and everything, but I was still missing that 1 year of language. Also, people told me that it's cheaper to go to an community college first to work on cores, then transfer to work on our majors.

Ahh. Okay. I gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom