Big problem ntldr

blazzinbird

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, on my desktop computer today a problem arose. It froze up, and when I went to restart it, it would not go past verifying dmi pool. I did a few things a learned the HAL.dll file is missing or corrupt. No biggie right insert the disc and run the recovery and repair. Problem is the kids ruined the vista disc, so no disc.

Hey there...

Do you have another pc? Cos then you should be able to download the hal.dll file at this link and then by putting your Vista hard drive into the other pc(assuming you have another one), you can just copy the file across into the windows\system32 folder

I do, sadly its my 3k dollar laptop. So I wont be doing that. I downloaded the .ISO file last night and made a vista recovery CD. It still didn't work.
The second hard drive had xp on it, but for some reason it got wiped clean. I will attempt to reinstall XP on it later.

Did you run the startup repair or didn't the iso work at all? Otherwise u gonna have to get a techy from a little I.T shop or something to make you a copy :)

Back
Top Bottom