Forum "Update"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see what we are all so worked up over? We can never seem to get through a day without some sort of back and forth over whimsical and useless things.

WOW GUYS!!!
I agree with David. Tensions are running high here. Sure this is something you all want to happen but getting in a huff is not going to make it happen any quicker.
Let's not get so rilled up that we end up hurling insults and get nasty with one another. Whether or not most of you want to admit it, you're closer to some here than you are to some others you know.
WORK TOGETHER. It's not that hard, really.
Every one has their own idea of how it should be done. Ok that's all fine and good. If your plan gets shot down, come up with a new one and re-submit it. Do you think they built the YF-22A off the first set of plans Lockheed came up with? Oh hell no. It was quite a few plans later. And that's the way it works.
WORK TOGETHER.
Perhaps a committee of a couple of mods and say four of the members.
Create a private section for them with their own usergroup so only they can get in the section. Let them hash out a plan then submit it to the general membership. It doesn't fly then let them go back and work out the kinks.
This having the entire membership and all the mods bickering at one another is just not working.

Here's a proposal. And no, it doesn't come in the sense of another forum layout.

How about we close this since we seem to be just arguing and going round in circles, and wait. Wait a week, a month, timescale isn't my point really. But after that we can create a new thread with some clear cut ideas we've learned from this, and perhaps tensions will have calmed down a bit a lot in the meantime?

It seems to me that tensions are so high at the moment they're hindering anything from being done at all.

Just my £0.02.

So you're going to ignore a perfectly good suggestion that was made pages back with lots of variety in the sections and emphasis on the computer aspect of the forum and just go your own way and come up with something without input from the members?

No! I would have implemented it but ofcourse everyone sticks their 2 cents in and says "lets do it this way!", "Lets add blah[/b] board here" etc and then the next person comes along and says "thats stupid, I like the layout but less get rid of x board" and so the bickering goes on and on. Then people moan that I haven't done anything yet, so I said I'd have a go at a layout, thats all

Some members may remember me talking about a test server, well that new server has come online this weekend so I think its the perfect time to test the layout, I'll copy CF over and change the layout and let everyone preview it so we can still tweak anything as needs be before it goes live. We could even try all the major 3 layouts suggested with out moving posts and see what everyone things.

Hopefully I'll get a preview online sometime this week so I hope this can be some sort of conclusion to this thread. Yes I am prepared to re arrange the forum and Yes I am willing to listen, so now can everyone calm down a little and stop argueing so much in this thread!

Some members may remember me talking about a test server, well that new server has come online this weekend so I think its the perfect time to test the layout, I'll copy CF over and change the layout and let everyone preview it so we can still tweak anything as needs be before it goes live. We could even try all the major 3 layouts suggested with out moving posts and see what everyone things.

Hopefully I'll get a preview online sometime this week so I hope this can be some sort of conclusion to this thread. Yes I am prepared to re arrange the forum and Yes I am willing to listen, so now can everyone calm down a little and stop argueing so much in this thread!

You have no idea how wonderful that sounds. Seriously. A test platform for this would be perfect. This is music to my ears, and I would assume others' as well.

No! I would have implemented it but ofcourse everyone sticks their 2 cents in and says "lets do it this way!", "Lets add blah[/b] board here" etc and then the next person comes along and says "thats stupid, I like the layout but less get rid of x board" and so the bickering goes on and on. Then people moan that I haven't done anything yet, so I said I'd have a go at a layout, thats all

That's good to hear. :)

I really don't see why we should change the forum around. If it's anything like the overclocking forum you all whined about getting and never use, it will be just a big waste of time and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom