Random Chit Chat

Question: Can i play over the internet with friends on my xbox with a silver membership?

Also whats the average price for games on XBLA? Im interested in getting Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 2 and also Street Fighter?

Quick answer is no, you can't play online games with a silver membership, and... I don't know, have never bought anything there.

They paying for your college too?

Not right now, since Financial Aid and Colorado is able to cover all the expenses. But if I don't have enough, then they would take some cash out to help pay.

Question: Can i play over the internet with friends on my xbox with a silver membership?
No, you need an gold, cost depends on how much months you purchase. Like purchasing 12 months ($50 USD) is cheaper than purchasing 1 month ($8 USD).

Also whats the average price for games on XBLA? Im interested in getting Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 2 and also Street Fighter?

About $10-$15. Some are cheaper and some costs more. I think Street Fighter 2 turbo HD remix is $15 IIRC.

Have you ever seen Race gas? If you poor some on the ground, it will evaporate in minutes. Great for high compression cars.
A 363(stroked 302) with good high flowing heads will make probably 400ish hp at about 10:1 compression ratio. Now, bump that to 12.5:1 compression ratio with some different pistions, and we are talking upward of 650hp. And no loss in economy, just more power.
Compression is the key to power.

Yea, I can't wait to see the days of 20:1 compression. SO much power of I-4s......

The Bobcat? Haven't heard of it?

I love old school tech, lol. Rebuilding my 302 was fun and easy.

I agree. Rebuilding the 305 in my Camaro was easy as pie. When I look under the hood of my '03 Saab or my parents '01 Lincoln Town Car or our '99 Explorer, I haven't a clue what the hell I'm doing. A lot of it is because of the facia, but I just don't have experience with injected cars. I had to be really careful and leave myself notes when I had to pull my Saabs 2.3Turbo out. Had to replace the rear main seal that was leaking. Got it back together okay though. Lovin' the 35MPG :).

That is really genious... compression = power. And with ethanol, you can run a very high compression engine...

But burn fuel (ethanol) very quickly :O

I didn't read the article as I'm about to go to work, but that's what I'd make of a vehicle that runs on ethanol which practically evaporates without any heat input.

Have you ever seen Race gas? If you poor some on the ground, it will evaporate in minutes. Great for high compression cars.
A 363(stroked 302) with good high flowing heads will make probably 400ish hp at about 10:1 compression ratio. Now, bump that to 12.5:1 compression ratio with some different pistions, and we are talking upward of 650hp. And no loss in economy, just more power.
Compression is the key to power.

I just lumped all those posts together. I was just wondering if any of you have heard about running E85 on a carbureted engine. I was thinking of trying it on my Camaro, but I'm not sure. I don't want to if I have to have a kit. I thought I read somewhere you could just tweak the carb settings to get it to run, and that because it's ethanol, it actually gives a power boost. But I haven't a clue. I'm running 9.5:1 compression. Just all hearsay that I'm basing this on, but if someone knew, that'd be sweet.

From what I understand, E85 is pretty much crap in a normally aspirated engine. It will produce less power and less mileage than gasoline.

Yeah, it's only good if you run high compression, or forced induction. You can tweak it to run though if you wanted. Not sure how though...
BTW, if the explorer is a V8, it has a 302 as well, but most likely it is the SOHC 4.0, which looks scary to me, lol.

Back
Top Bottom