GFX Card Brightness Settings Don't Work In-Game

fetus

In Runtime
I recently built a new computer but kept the same old Dell LCD monitor. My new PC is running on Vista whereas the old one was XP and apparently Dell doesn't have drivers for this monitor(1704FPV) that are compatible with Vista. The problem is that when I manually change the brightness settings in my nvidia control panel, this doesn't translate into the game. It worked fine on my old Dell PC running XP, but it's not working now. The brightness/gamma settings only affect the desktop and when I switch to full-screen 3d apps it doesn't work. It does, however, work with games running in windowed mode but I'd rather not have to resort to playing like that all the time.

I recently built a new computer but kept the same old Dell LCD monitor. My new PC is running on Vista whereas the old one was XP and apparently Dell doesn't have drivers for this monitor(1704FPV) that are compatible with Vista. The problem is that when I manually change the brightness settings in my nvidia control panel, this doesn't translate into the game. It worked fine on my old Dell PC running XP, but it's not working now. The brightness/gamma settings only affect the desktop and when I switch to full-screen 3d apps it doesn't work. It does, however, work with games running in windowed mode but I'd rather not have to resort to playing like that all the time.

You need to change the brightness settings in-game. That, or just turn down the brightness on the monitor.

You need to change the brightness settings in-game. That, or just turn down the brightness on the monitor.

The problem is that the in-game settings are not bright enough and I wanna increase that. The monitor is at 100% brightness right now, I can increase it more with the video card settings but for some reason this only works on the desktop and not in the game.

The problem is that the in-game settings are not bright enough and I wanna increase that. The monitor is at 100% brightness right now, I can increase it more with the video card settings but for some reason this only works on the desktop and not in the game.

I really don't think there's much you can do about it to be honest. Someone else might have a solution, but it sounds to me that you just want a brighter monitor :eek:

Back
Top Bottom