All Things Apple

Some people don't understand that it's not just about hardware. Compare the software that comes preloaded in a PC with those that come in a Mac. Point made.

What I really like about Apple's computers (at least on their iMac's, Mac Pro's, and Macbook Pro's) is the build quality.

Where did I say it was wrong to have a budget notebook?

Sorry, but those advertisements seem to portray PC users that way.

Keep in mind - you brought up the advertisements, not me.

How does an ad where someone
Has a budget and needs -goes into a shop looks at whats available-purchases something within their budget that meets their needs

show them as a cheap ass who cant afford to buy a high end laptop ?

How does an ad where someone
Has a budget and needs -goes into a shop looks at whats available-purchases something within their budget that meets their needs

show them as a cheap ass who cant afford to buy a high end laptop ?

My God, would you just drop it? You're right, I'm wrong. Happy? :rolleyes:

I can't stand reading some of your posts sometimes. They just don't make sense half the time, and I end up spending four or five minutes trying to decipher them.

New snow leopard OS looks quite nice, one thing that struck me was...
...oh sorry, has the topic moved on a bit? What's this I hear?! A thread about something Apple related has descended into another petty Mac vs. PC debate?!

I can't stand reading some of your posts sometimes. They just don't make sense half the time, and I end up spending four or five minutes trying to decipher them.
Umm... It's ok to admit you are wrong, but to rip on something about someone or something completely unrelated. That's childish.

I've never really understood the whole mac vs. pc debate. It all comes down to a matter of preference. Some people like mac, some like PC. I personally happen to like both. I haven't owned a mac so I can't say if they're really as evil as people say they are, but I have used friends macs and have played around on them and I think they're actually pretty decent.

if this is how you react when your wrong then its a bit childish isnt it?

please in future if you dont understand what im saying ask and ill explain it for you in a way you will understand i just didnt want to come accross as patronising

Umm... It's ok to admit you are wrong, but to rip on something about someone or something completely unrelated. That's childish.

He's posting in this thread, isn't he?

if this is how you react when your wrong then its a bit childish isnt it?

To be honest, I wasn't actually admitting anything. I did that to shut you up, but it doesn't seem to be working, does it?

please in future if you dont understand what im saying ask and ill explain it for you in a way you will understand i just didnt want to come accross as patronising

I like the latest Mac Pro. The processing power in this machine is just immense!

Having said that I reckon $29 is worth it for the OS upgrade.

"Windows Vista users upgrade to Windows 7 for $29?"

:rolleyes:

You guys pay for operating system upgrades? :confused: :D

On a serious note, "PC" vs. Mac debates (a Mac is a personal computer, by the way ;)) always go this way and I must chuckle each and every time. At the end of the day, both have their advantages and disadvantages, different uses and appeal to different types of users.

In terms of aesthetics, Macs are some of the most beautiful pieces of equipment I've seen. They're built to a very high standard and because only a small number of components are used across the entire Mac range, the operating system can be optimised to work best with that hardware. They come with a lot of pre-installed applications that Windows-based computers do not, which does help out with post-purchase costs to some extent (although one can argue that the money saved on a Windows-based computer could be spent on those applications and the total cost will come to less than that of a Mac). OS X also has a stability and security edge over Windows because it is Unix-based and the structure of the file system helps to prevent the kind of damage that can be caused by viruses on Windows.

On the other hand, "PCs" can be customised far more than Macs. You can build them yourself, at a lower cost, with whatever components you want. Pound-for-pound, you can get better raw power from a "PC" than a Mac at a far lower cost, even when you bundle in the price of your operating system. If you choose to run Windows on the "PC", you also have the advantage of a broader range of more popular software and, quite importantly for a lot of people, games.

Neither is better than the other as standard. The entire situation is dependent on a user's wants and needs and you can't really tell them they are wrong for going with what they feel is right.

Back
Top Bottom