Forum "Update"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is with that other thread, yes it'd start clean and simple, but inevitably people would post saying "ooh I like 3 but with this change" and "ooh I like number 1 but this needs to be moved here instead"...then oh look, before you know it we've got a million separate designs again! Nice from a theoretical perspective, practically I'm not so sure.

I see absolutely NO FRICKIN REASON for that thread to have been closed. Celegorm, I'm sorry, but you are a pathetic mod.
I'm not going to voice an opinion on whether the thread should've been closed or not - plain and simple, I don't really have too much of an opinion. And yes I've picked the above quote as an obvious example but I don't think you're the only one who this applies to so no it's nothing personal against you at all.

BUT seriously guys, take a step back for a moment - this is just a forum. Some people seem to be acting like this whole rearrangement thing is the be all and end all of some huge lifetime ambition, and I really hope that there's a lot lot more to your life that's worth getting worked up over than here! Personally I wouldn't have even commented on the issue, if a mod feels the need to close it and lots other mods disagree then I daresay it'll be discussed and re-opened in due course. If you really do need to say something however, then why not be a little nicer about it? I'm sure something like "With all due respect I must say I thought the closure of the other thread was unnecessary since it could've been an insightful new angle on the subject" would go a lot further than personal insults.

...And that applies in life in general, not just here.

It's gone since all it did was bash the desision to close a duplicate thread. Hell, the only reason he's still here is because David hasn't come on to ban him yet.

Nope. It's like censored media. They don't broadcast what they don't like. All I did was stand up for myself. Celegorm has closed two of my threads now that did not need to be closed. I got sick of it and stood up for myself and this is what I get. I really don't care anymore. This is getting a bit sickening.

Countdown to deletion on this post -> 60 seconds.

So? He didn't break any rules, did he?
Yes he did. The exchange is below, and AR pointed out the violated rule after.

I see absolutely NO FRICKIN REASON for that thread to have been closed. Celegorm, I'm sorry, but you are a pathetic mod. Clean and simple. You close any thread YOU PERSONALLY think should be closed, and that is just wrong--plain and simple.

There was absolutely NO bias in that thread. At all. It was three wonderful options that people could vote on.

There have been 4 actually. I started a thread in the staff lounge proposing a forum layout change that led to root's layout as mentioned earlier by celegorm.

From the rules:
(A) Overall flaming or condemnation of posters will not be tolerated. There is no reason to voice derogatory statements about someone because you may simply disagree with their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom