All Things Apple

Brother GF bought a mac because it was an apple computer and it had iChat. Only reasons she had for buying it.

What's your point?

Edit: Let me guess, you're trying to paint the portrait of an average Mac user. One that's extremely naive, devoted, and supposedly incompetent at using an average computer.

Spot on, huh?

:rolleyes:

Yes I am, every person I have met not on the internet has had no valid point for buying a mac except it's a mac and they like it. Only reason, never once has someone responded with a legit reason. Only online they have,

How? They only say its a mac and they like it with nothing to back it. I ask whats the difference between mac and pc and they normally say something along the lines of pcs are terrible and macs are the best with no proof only what they have seen from biased commercials.

Seems like a legitimate reason to me.

Agreed. Why would you buy something you don't like?

edit: My friend was looking to buy a laptop. He was undecided between a Mac and a PC, so he asked me what I would suggest. I told him the following:

You could buy a $700 PC for the same specs as a $1k Mac. The advantages of buying a Mac is that it comes pre-loaded with a ton of good software that would cost you a lot more money if you were to buy them after-market for a PC. If you're not looking to use these applications, there is no need to buy a Mac. A PC should suit your needs fine.

He ended up getting an Acer which he loved.

Personally, I prefer a PC. I have used a Mac, but I didn't really like it although it had some great features.

How? They only say its a mac and they like it with nothing to back it. I ask whats the difference between mac and pc and they normally say something along the lines of pcs are terrible and macs are the best with no proof only what they have seen from biased commercials.
But... PCs are fat blokes!!!

Personally, yes I think macs are overpriced for what they are and as such I steer clear of them. Then again, some people just prefer them because they're used to them, some people need them for their line of work and others are willing to pay extra for the way they look.

I'm personally not prepared to pay extra for any of the above (and I don't need one in my work) so as such, I'm not getting a mac. Doesn't stop them being perfectly legitimate reasons though.

Back
Top Bottom