Is it true that it burns well at slower speed?

KevinG1

Baseband Member
hi people....

I just want to know is it true that for better quality you should try and burn at a slower speed like 8x or 4x in Nero?

--- Currently my Nero gives me the fastest speed at 8x.. Anyway, I can get it even faster? I just don't like waiting for 10 minutes for a DVD to burn...

Burning at slower speeds can result in better quality recordings, but the difference between 8x and 4x are negligible at best. Just burn them at 8x and enjoy the shorter burn time. :D

Just leave it over night is what i do, i dont think there is any way to speed it up,

unless you go for expensive software?

Nope, you can only burn as fast as the burner and DVD allows you. DVDs are also speed rated. Some will burn faster than others, as long as the burner supports the faster speeds.

if you burn at 4x instead of 8x there are also durability pluses too, my kids scratch up a lot of their discs, so I burn at 4x if it's for them, at 4x it can still play with some scratches that might affect the disc more if burned at 8x...

4x equals deeper burn is how I understand it...

if you burn at 4x instead of 8x there are also durability pluses too, my kids scratch up a lot of their discs, so I burn at 4x if it's for them, at 4x it can still play with some scratches that might affect the disc more if burned at 8x...

4x equals deeper burn is how I understand it...

Yup. Less errors, deeper burn, longer lasting. If it's a DVD you're going to be using for a while, just take the extra time for a 4x or even 2x burn.

Back
Top Bottom