Baseband Member
Selling my gaming PC.
Basic specs
Dell
32 bit Vista
3GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
Duo Core 2.66ghz

There is another GB or RAM but 32 bit wont recognize it so if you plan on upgrading you will get an extra GB. Idk if that effects price???

I plan on asking 750 for it and whatever shipping is going to be (won't step on you're balls with shipping.

So is the price fair? I built a few comps online to compare and I got a little better for 800 but the shipping was 150$.

If there's 4GB in the machine then advertise it as 4 GB! You're underselling otherwise.

That seems a bit high to me though. If I had the option of going for a used $750 machine or spending a bit more and getting one that was better, new, with warranty etc. I know what I'd do!

Yeah dude it is a bit high. However, if you find someone you don't care for that isn't too good in this topic, you can scam them into it, but not very nice :D
If I were to get this, or put another $150 in to get a serious custom gamer I would go for that.
I think you should advertise in the 400-500 tops.

you also need to be more specific, duo core...? do you mean dual core or core2duo...? there's a huge difference between a dual core celeron overclocked to 2.6GHz and a core to duo at 2.6GHz stock, also be specific with brand names for the video card, RAM, etc., that will let the buyer know the potential resale value, certain models of certain brands of video cards have double lifetime warranties (one that you can transfer to someone else) nad there can be huge performance differences in memory modules depending on brand, speed, etc., which could sway a buyer to buy the system at a reasonable price...

$700 isn't very reasonable for that system imo...

you also need to be more specific, duo core...? do you mean dual core or core2duo...? there's a huge difference between a dual core celeron overclocked to 2.6GHz and a core to duo at 2.6GHz stock, also be specific with brand names for the video card, RAM, etc., that will let the buyer know the potential resale value, certain models of certain brands of video cards have double lifetime warranties (one that you can transfer to someone else) nad there can be huge performance differences in memory modules depending on brand, speed, etc., which could sway a buyer to buy the system at a reasonable price...

$700 isn't very reasonable for that system imo...

Well i only know how to get info by using dxdiag in run.
It says Intel R Core TM 2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66ghz (2cpus)~2.7ghz.

I coulden't find an easy way to overclock a dell but if the buyer knows what there doing it could easily be overclocked to 3.0ghz or more.

One more question, im selling the comp to buy another comp around 1,100$ but the comps not really a huge imporvment. The new comps specs are.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz 6MB Cache 1333MHz FSB
Alien ware cooling which i think should be better then dells???
Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260
4GB« Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 2048MB
Vista 64 bit.
I scammed over the specs after i built it and the only problems I saw is 1. Vistas probably going to take a GB of Ram for itself leaving me at 3gb, and 2. The processor might bottleneck the card. But upgrading to quad core is another 150$ i think and im really already overdoing what a 17 year old can afford :(.

Do you need to upgrade to a new system? Especially since you're going to get a LOT less for your existing system than you originally thought, my advice would be to keep your existing system for a while longer.

No, your current system isn't the absolute cutting edge any more but it is still decent - and if it's doing what you need it to, my advice would be to keep it rather than shell out for something a little better that'll set you back a lot more!

Do you need to upgrade to a new system? Especially since you're going to get a LOT less for your existing system than you originally thought, my advice would be to keep your existing system for a while longer.

No, your current system isn't the absolute cutting edge any more but it is still decent - and if it's doing what you need it to, my advice would be to keep it rather than shell out for something a little better that'll set you back a lot more!

I'll see if anyone not to bight in the subject takes it :)

^---this...

or just upgrade one part at a time...

Back
Top Bottom