Which Graphics card?

Wait for the new cards to come out, and then get a DX10 card for cheap :D

Anyhow, don't get the extra ram if it's more then $10 extra. The only game I've ever heard of that goes over 512mb of video ram is crysis, and that's on maxed settings, 16x AA, and a 1080p res. I doubt you will ever use that much ram. It's up to you though.

Wait for the new cards to come out, and then get a DX10 card for cheap :D

Anyhow, don't get the extra ram if it's more then $10 extra. The only game I've ever heard of that goes over 512mb of video ram is crysis, and that's on maxed settings, 16x AA, and a 1080p res. I doubt you will ever use that much ram. It's up to you though.

there are other games and in high resolutions it helps, the 4870 1GB benches seem to indicate a performance boost over the 512MB version is just about every game, and the 1GB will definitely come in handy at higher resolutions, as cheap as the 1GB models are now it's pretty much a no brainer unless you get a killer deal on a 512MB model like I did, either way it's a great card...

whatever version you get, the most popular bios flash is the ASUS TOP 4870 bios, it raises the max gpu clock in CCC to 925MHz although you would need volt mods to get it that high, without the volt mod mine runs at 830MHz/1050MHz...

Wow, thats an amazing deal... *thinks*

Its a bit weird that its not a dual slot though, is it not?
Plus, it looks rather ugly :p But for the price, I guess you can't complain

Back
Top Bottom