Connection dropping in Windows Vista

carlosaln

Beta member
Hello everyone,

First of all, my name is Carlos and I am a college student majoring in Computer Engineering. It's a pleasure to be part of your community.

Now, on to the headache.

I am having trouble with my recently bought Sony Vaio VGN-CS320J in that I will be surfing the web --sometimes the computer is just idle-- when all internet connections suddenly stop working for no apparent reason. I have tried three different browsers, and two different internet connections (wireless from my apartment, and using my cellphone as a modem) with no comforting result. I always have to restart the computer.

When I check the connection status, the "world" in between the computers is present, and IPv4 connectivity says "connected" while IPv6 always says "limited."

Here are some specs of my computer:

Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 @ 2.1 GHz
4GB of RAM PC2-6400 DDR2
Onboard Intel Graphics
Wireless-A+B+G+N
Bluetooth Enabled

Please assist me in troubleshooting this problem and if you have any questions please ask away. Thanks for all the help in advance.

-Carlos

Sounds to me like windows Wireless Zero Config service acting up. At least I think that's what it's called :p

Go Start>Run>services.msc

Scroll down and stop Wireless Zero Configuration service, and try using a different program to connect. If that works, then there you go! I know it gives me crap in games, I lag out for 2 seconds every time it searches for networks again. Very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom