Need a new mouse...

superman22x

Golden Master
I have this Microsoft Wireless 8000 or something set of keyboard and mouse, and I hate the mouse. Keyboard isn't too bad. The mouse uses some optical laser tech, idk what it is. But there isnt a cover on the hole for the laser, so stuff always gets lodged. And the battery always goes dead, I would kind of like to go back to wired.
$50 budget(can use ebay though).
Any recommended mice(is that what you call it?)? I'm thinking like a Razer mouse maybe? And I never use a mouse pad, think I should?

Here is a picture of what I have, it's bluetooth.

08-03-07_8507.jpg

Bluetooth wireless mice tend to be slow and very annoying. If you want to reconsider getting a wireless mouse that is easy on batteries, and has no lag, try a wireless optical mouse.

I have this one, and I love it:

MICROSOFT-Mouse-2000-big.jpg

Is it really just the bluetooth? I didn't know that. Yeah, if optical is really better, I would consider that.

Do what I did.
BestBuy online is selling the G9 for 49.99 + tax + handling.

Damn, that's a pretty good deal. The only thing I can't stand about the G9 is how high you have to lift it before it stops tracking.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178&Tpk=mx518

That's what I have for my desktop, and it works like a dream. I love it.

For my laptop, I got a 3/4-sized mouse (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104080). It was well worth the price. The batteries last well over 3 weeks (and they weren't even dead when I changed them, I just wanted to put new ones in for vacation so I didn't have to bring a pair) and the precision is wonderful. I can photoshop with it just fine on my lappy. It's very very comfortable for a smaller mouse, as well.

If you are going wired, you have many options that are great. If you go wireless again, I'd suggest no BT, no optical, and no RF. Get a laser mouse. Much much better.

The max distance between the sensor and the surface that it will still track. It's rather high on the G9. I'm a mid-to-high sensitivity gamer and it's an annoyance when you lift the mouse off the pad to reposition it and your guy is looking around in different directions. I went to the Steelseries Ikari and the distance is much shorter.

Back
Top Bottom