Forum "Update"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods Celegorm and Lowndsey seem to be shooting down joga for the most part,

Because David has already said that the suggestions that Joga and a few others continue to bring up is not realistic and is not going to happen. It is certainly not a personal thing against Joga if you are hinting that. Some people just can't accept that their suggestion is not going to be incorporated.

Because David has already said that the suggestions that Joga and a few others continue to bring up is not realistic and is not going to happen. Some people just can't accept that their suggestion is not going to be incorporated.

Didn't you guys see the part where I agreed and I developed on Root's suggestion based on what I thought was essential? I completely understand the complications that come with a revamp. I'm not dumb; I'm comprehensive.

one other thing you have to realise is that the mods here are volunteers.. we give up our free time to come on here and help out.. and all we get is crap and arrogance in return. some people have jobs, and between working 55+ hours a week and everything else i do, i dont have time to sit here and re-arrange 46+k threads just because someone wants it to be done. Root has actually thought about the logistics and how it can be done.

No one is making you stay here as a mod. In fact, I think many of the mods, for the most part (not always), don't seem to contribute a whole lot to the computer side of this forum--more social lounge posting or shooting down ideas. I'm not saying all, I'm saying some. Also, if you are worried about your time, why not step down and let someone else who DOES have the time be a mod? I'm not saying I'm jumping up and down with my hand in the air to be one since I haven't transitioned to college yet, but there surely are other people who would love to put their time in here as a mod.

In fact, I think many of the mods, for the most part (not always), don't seem to contribute a whole lot to the computer side of this forum--more social lounge posting or shooting down ideas. I'm not saying all, I'm saying some.

You're going to be pushing a bunch of buttons with that quote, regardless of who you're actually targeting.

if you are worried about your time, why not step down and let someone else who DOES have the time be a mod?

This is a good point. Although, we probably don't realize the full extent of your roles here. I mean...maybe you guys want to post in the computer section and just don't have the time between things in your life and CF moderating. So, I'm going to accuse anyone of not contributing because all of our mods here are excellent in what they do. But, if you're really busy with stuff, why not let some of the people who are on this often be mods? Like dude, I'm not waving my hand in the air, as I barely have time for my own leisure nowadays.

I agree, Joga; we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, but I can tell you that there a few mods that do a wonderful job of contributing to the computer side of things, and either they are a) not as busy, b) better mods, or c) not fulfilling their duties behind the scenes. I'm not sure which it would be, as, again, I cannot see what goes on behind the scenes. And I think that's why it's some of us feel the way we do about some of the mods. If we never know half the stuff you are doing, why would we just jump up and support you or feel you are doing your jobs? You know? I mean, there seems to be such a disconnect...and I think that's where so much of this drama takes place.

I agree, Joga; we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, but I can tell you that there a few mods that do a wonderful job of contributing to the computer side of things, and either they are a) not as busy, b) better mods, or c) not fulfilling their duties behind the scenes. I'm not sure which it would be, as, again, I cannot see what goes on behind the scenes. And I think that's why it's some of us feel the way we do about some of the mods. If we never know half the stuff you are doing, why would we just jump up and support you or feel you are doing your jobs? You know? I mean, there seems to be such a disconnect...and I think that's where so much of this drama takes place.

Ok, have you ever supported a politician? You never see what they do behind the scenes....

Ok, have you ever supported a politician? You never see what they do behind the scenes....

Actually, no, not really. I could talk politics all day, but at the end of all of it, I will probably never stand behind any of them. It's very easy to see they make many many promises and don't keep them. I mean, I liked Obama (over McCain; but I didn't "support" either as I feel no one can really do the job that's expected of them) but knew from the start that he might turn out decent (not great) but that he would probably come through on maybe 1% of his promises. Same with McCain. The only politicians I can support are local ones (town) because I've been here all of my life and know the ins and outs of them.

So, I guess that's that. I mean, that's the harsh reality. But what you are comparing this too is different. Did we vote for the current mods? I don't think we did (correct me if I'm wrong), so there were no campaigns or plans for what they would "promise" to do. So, yes, at the end of the day, I don't know what many of you stand for or what you do behind closed doors. I'm not trying to be rude about it, I'm just giving my reason as to why I sometimes say things that I do--because I feel I haven't a clue what's going on because there's such a disconnect and we are just supposed to "believe" you (mods). It's hard to do.

I apologize if my previous statement came off very arrogant, as it was in no way intended to come off that way. It was more or less me trying to explain things from the way that I see it.

I'm not going to go on and on about your post because I have been up on no sleep for over 24 hours, but +1,000 to this. For one, yeah, David still hasn't come back to us again in this thread. Second, again, we don't know what tools you mods have; and we don't get to see any of your little "private" discussions about what's going on. And thirdly, you are extremely correct in the fact that unhappy members leave. I would hope that David would see the majority of "yes" votes, that he would consider making changes. I do agree though, that we are kind of split as for a total revamp or a rearrangement. That is not shown through the poll, but by posts in this thread, which I hope David kindly took the time to read through since a lot of good, important things were said. Lastly, as Joga stated, we have no idea how stuff is moved; I've stated in my posts that I would have no idea how to do it, but all I get in response is "oh, well that can't be done blah blah" or "that takes too long..yada yada..." which I don't feel are very good answers to a fairly easy question/inquiry. But...eh. I'm still standing behind the fact that we need to do most/all or nothing at all.

I posted a reply yesterday saying I thought root's setup was a good layout but then everyone disagrees and comes up with yet more layouts.

It may appear that I haven't made many contributions to this thread but thats because we had been discussing roots initial layout in the staff lounge.

I do like the idea or a re arrange etc but at the moment I can't see a practical way of doing it because any layout that someone puts forth, some like it and some don't. If this re-arrange goes ahead then I want the majority of people to be happy with the proposed layout because otherwise it isn't going to work. The rouble is the vast majority of threads are stored in the general hardware forum so what shall we do with historical data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom