Brutal PSA - NSFW

Just curious, why do you say that?

I think it's too sensationalized. There is no way 3 girls would be distracted by 1 text message. One of them would be bound to see the car steering of the road. Following that, there was a car that came in way late. The driver of that vehicle would also have seen the accident. The probability of all these events happening are far too low to represent your average car accident. All of these factors simply distracted me from the point they were trying to get across.

It's a PSA; not a critical thinking exercise :p.

I personally think it's a great commercial which depicts the mass consequences of foolish driving. No person, even those that claim they text "safely" while driving, should ever text while driving. The commercial exaggerates their behavior while driving, but it's not too far off either. Most people hold it in their lap to hide the fact that they are doing it. Which really presents the Moral/Natural Law that it is wrong in the first place.

EDIT: I used the word commercial for lack of a better word.

The probability of all these events happening are far too low to represent your average car accident.

I guess you could say the same about this incident.

44114669.jpg

800pxchatsworthtraincol.jpg

CNN.com said:
Engineer sent text 22 seconds before fatal train crash

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A Metrolink engineer driving a commuter train sent a text message about 22 seconds before the train collided with a Union Pacific freight train last month, the National Transportation Safety Board said Wednesday.

var CNN_ArticleChanger = new CNN_imageChanger('cnnImgChngr','/2008/US/10/01/train.crash.probe/imgChng/p1-0.init.exclude.html',2,1); //CNN.imageChanger.load('cnnImgChngr','imgChng/p1-0.exclude.html'); The crash killed 25 people, including the engineer, Robert Sanchez, during Friday rush hour in Chatsworth, a northwest Los Angeles suburb.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/10/01/train.crash.probe/index.html#cnnSTCText

It doesn't matter how sensationalized this advertisement truly was. What really matters is how it makes people rethink their actions regarding phone usage on the road. Who gives a flying sh*t how accurate the "accident" was. It's there to make a point.

If they need to create an advertisement like this to capture your attention, then so be it.

His point stands. Whether the PSA is cheesy or not, the messages needs to be put out and adhered to by all those who are guilty of the crime.

Unfortunately, as things seem to happen this way, it's always the innocent ones that end up hurt the most.

EDIT: J beat me to it :p

Back
Top Bottom