No PCI slot for wireless internet?!?!

twistedlink

Beta member
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...category_oid=-35430#productInformationSection

I have literally just clicked submit on the payment of this machine and have come to the conclusion that the motherboard only has noe PCI slot being used up by the Video card.

My question is does this machine have an onboard wireless modem reader??

Because from my knowledge wireless comes with wireless cards that you put into the PCI slot.

Of which mine is being used 100% of the time by the video card.

I am guessing i can get wireless internet on this machine, what kind of manufacturer would make a machine that isnt designed for the internet in 2009 for damn sakes?!?!?!

Please someone tell me i havent burnt this amount of cash for a machine that cant even connect wirelessly because my internet is wireless and i cant wire it without lots of cost and hassle, PLEASE!

dont jump to conclusions yet
i dont think that is a vid card
i think its on board video
when you get the pc look at the expansion slots and see if there are any of them being used
then take the side off and take a pic
you might have some options that you havent thought of
or you could always use an external wireless adapter for the USB

if it has a PCI slot for the video card be prepared for some pretty craptastic gaming...

:D

don't worry, it almost definitely has a PCI-E slot for the video card and another regular PCI slot somewhere else, or at least I would hope so, I've never seen a mass produced motherboard or system that didn't have at least one PCI slot, not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I've never seen it...

also as mentioned in an earlier post I think that system has onboard video, which means that you most likely will have to get a video card to play some newer games at a decent res...

If it turns out that you don't have an available PCI slot, then you can get a wireless ethernet bridge that plugs directly into your wired network card. These work better in my opinion anyways since it's easier to position the antennae.

If it turns out that you don't have an available PCI slot, then you can get a wireless ethernet bridge that plugs directly into your wired network card. These work better in my opinion anyways since it's easier to position the antennae.

or a wireless adapter like this...

linksys%20wireless%20adapter.jpg

though personally I always prefer PCI card wireless adapters...

The new HP I bought only has 1 pci slot, I needed to use it for my linksys wireless adapter but luckily it only had a modem in it so I ripped that out. Useless to me.

Back
Top Bottom