Future of my PC.

dirtbikeryzz

Baseband Member
Ok so for almost 3 years i've had the same computer, i use it mostly for gaming.
Specs are Vista home premium 32bit,Nvidia 8800gtx,3gb RAM, 2 cores at 2.66ghz. My question is can I update my specs or do i need to buy a whole new computer? As of right now I can't update my graphics card because anything stronger will just bottleneck with my processor, then i get into buying a new processor, and i wouldent mind 64bit, and it becomes a giant mess. Help.:confused:

Looks like you could update your pc but you'll need to get a better cpu and maybe a psu, depends on your gpu you get.

I figured my cpu is whats holding back from getting a higher end card. I'm not a PC expert i no the very basics, and from what i no upgrading a CPU is a mess. As for what card i want i'd say the most bang for the buck is a gtx 260 so im looking at that, from my basic knowledge to not bottle neck with that the minimum would be 2 cores at about 3.2ghz.

I figured my cpu is whats holding back from getting a higher end card. I'm not a PC expert i no the very basics, and from what i no upgrading a CPU is a mess. As for what card i want i'd say the most bang for the buck is a gtx 260 so im looking at that, from my basic knowledge to not bottle neck with that the minimum would be 2 cores at about 3.2ghz.

upgrading the cpu is the easiest upgrade there is, I have no idea where you get the idea that it's "a mess" unless someone was sloppy with their thermal grease application and that's why they told you that...

if that cpu is an E6750 (2.66GHz), why would that be holding you back...? the stock FSB is 1333MHz which means you can easily overclock it to 1600MHz+ FSB and the speed will likely be over 3.0GHz which is basically the magical number when talking about gaming and cpu speed, gains at frequencies over 3Ghz are minimal...

if it's a Pentium D 2.66Ghz yes, it will probably bottleneck a GTX260 and if it's AMD I have no clue because I don't have any AMD systems...

Well i have no ideah what overclocking is or how to do it. Im clueless as to how i upgrade my cpu. But all in all are you saying its possible for me to buy a better cpu and graphics card and be fine? What about my mother board, i dont even no what kind it is :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom